Hammer Bullets

Developing this load for an upcoming Antelope hunt this fall in New Mexico. Steve said the HH 110 should be the bullet to use.
Ok. Took it out to 200 yards this morning and this is what I ended up with. May try to push the load up some more since I still have not seen any pressure. The average FPS with three shots was 2976 out of a 26" Bartlein barrel..

image.jpeg

Ok. Took it out to 200 yards this morning and this is what I ended up with. May try to push the load up some more since I still have not seen any pressure. The average FPS with three shots was 2976 out of a 26" Bartlein barrel..

View attachment 175714
Thats awesome and some very nice Trigger work as well

Another update.

Went out again this morning to validate my previous load and to bump it up some to see what would happen. Still no pressure signs so will bump up again for the next outing.

6.5X47 with Varget and Hammer Hunter 110.

View attachment 176368
View attachment 176369
Iam also running the 110 hammer in a 6.5/47 Peterson brass br-4 primer and varget at 39.0 3017 fps with a 7 es I was using a mag primer but the br-4 stopped fliers this is one of my favorite rounds always shoots great and is never picky

Anybody shooting the 83gr 22cal Hunters, specifically in a 22-250AI or 22CM with a 26" barrel?

I am sold on the 143HH for my WSM, but have an itch for a speedy 22 cal.

Great! How is the 73 working for you? Thank you
as its name implies it is a hammer Im running 40.2 gr h-4350 at 3114 fps shoots through hogs Ive yet to find anything other than a couple of the petals this is not a max load but it is the most accurate in this rifle Im not sure but I think I have a little more case capacity than the 22-250 ackley but not much

Last edited:
Another update.

Went out again this morning to validate my previous load and to bump it up some to see what would happen. Still no pressure signs so will bump up again for the next outing.

6.5X47 with Varget and Hammer Hunter 110 at 200 yards.

View attachment 176368
View attachment 176369

Took it out again today to verify the 40.0 grain load for accuracy and shot about the same as earlier this week. I also did a chrono of that load and ended up with 3134 fps as the average. However what was really impressive was the SD of 1 and ES of 3. Happy with this load and now time to stretch it way out.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.