Hammer Bullets

Well there seems to be a lot of fan boys for the hammers and a few against them. I am neither for or against the bullet as I haven't used them. That is probably the reason I started this thread. My other thread about 6.5 hammers had 5 replies. For the people who say go search, I'm lazy and not going to do that. I want to start my own thread to get my own answers.

@HARPERC I have made three post in this thread. Neither of those have been moaning about hammer bullets. My agenda is to find real life experiences with these bullets. It seems as if several people who have never used hammers still continue to post on this thread spewing their opinion on something they have never used.
Well, I didn't outright say it earlier, but now I will: troll.

I'm out.

It looks like a .257 Wea necked up to 6.5 with the belt turned off. I use Norma 7 Rem Mag brass.

Lord willing I'll send it to Pendleton tommorow to have it rebored to 8mm 9" twist. Then they use a throat reamer. It will fire Hammer Hunter 200 grainers. I hope to get 3,000 feet per second. I think 2,900 is more realistic.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I've just gone through 4 boxes ($$$$) of CEB 225gr Lazers in .338 (I've tried many many different charge weights ranging from 94gr up to 104gr, and seating to the STB) and have had horrible results pushing them anywhere between 2900 to 3350fps. I can not get them to group better than 2+ MOA. Meanwhile 210gr TTSX gets me .26 MOA in front of 94.5gr RE-25, 225gr TTSX gets me .48 MOA in front of 91gr of RE-25, and 225gr Sledgehammers gets me .57 MOA in front of 94.5gr RE-25.

TXAoudadKlr, would you please please do me the favor of sending over a .338 CEB pet load if you have one? I have 1.5 boxes left and would like to find a usable load for deer, elk, and moose. Losing confidence with every development phase.

Apologies in advance to all.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.