Hammer Bullets

I have not shot a lot of game with the hammers . But have had great on game results with them and East load work up and will keep using them. But from my view people bring in hammer bullet when it was not on the topic. Is no different then someone asking about about a 30Nosler and people bring up the good ol 300win. Or people asking about CA Mesa rifles and other bring up why they think tikka are better for the money. All of it gets old at times but it's just people pushing what they like or what works for them.

A few more clicks of the current or a couple of more limbs of the christmas tree
You are right when it comes to dialing for a known yardage - where high bc bullets come into to play is cheating inconsistent winds at long range. For banging steel it really doesn't matter as much - you can afford to take a couple shots and see what the wind is doing to the bullet and make adjustments. When it comes to hunting long range, a bad wind read can result in a bad shot and missed opportunity or even worse a wounded animal. long range hunting isnt for everybody, but you can't devalue the long range aspect of this hunting forum - it is the reason I was drawn to it in the first place.

Hammer Bullets are praised on this particular forum. Very seldom being mentioned in other forums.

It seems as if they get suggested by people who have never used them.

How many people hear have physically used hammer bullets to take multiple animals? I don't want to hear about your one animal. I want multiple animal experiences and pictures will be better.
There is nothing better than trying them yourself buy a box and give them a whirl I would bet you would agree with the rest if not I bet steve would buy them back who

I don't care what bullets anybody uses but hammers have worked out well for me. I was able to build a 1/2 moa load out of a factory gun in under 20 rounds from start to finish. Killed 2 mule deer with them this year. One at 100 yards and one at 425. Both died within seconds and ran less than 20 yards. Here's pics of the one at 425 yards.
F73FED73-AB1C-4514-9603-3BC6D673D664.jpeg
1BAEA4BB-3B62-4D71-A57A-47E0EE077283.jpeg
4317E11D-450C-4E66-89E4-B3116F80BBB1.jpeg

Last edited:
I called Hammer bullets to ask Steve about reloading questions in regards to tools that I needed to get started and from his posts I felt he was a straight forward kind of person. He answered all my questions as if I was a long time customer and I have never given him one dollar.

My suggestion would be to contact him personally with questions or concerns you have versus starting a thread with a slight attitude to begin with so everyone can fight about it.

There is no better source to answer your questions than Hammer Bullets when it comes to there products.

Just my opinion.
Steve

Part of it is the hammer guys are a sponsor on here. They seem to be pretty reasonable, nice, helpful guys. The members that use them can be annoying and oversell what they are and recommend them when they aren't even relevant to the topic. It is so frequent I have started rolling my eyes now every time I see them recommended.

I have been researching them trying to decide if they are worth the cost for me to try and if they fit my style of hunting. From what I gather the performance and accuracy are really good and consistent at ranges inside 600 yards. What they don't have are high BCs. In fact, in my research I noted several threads where people are saying the listed BCs are significantly over stated - they are probably not for me, but still doing research. Also, seems odd that they are so heavily recommended on a long range hunting site like this.
Thank you. I didn't have to type it out...

1) Long Range Hunting has generally been shorter by the year for awhile.
2) Thread hijack, or drift is common.
3) Len seems to be a more present, shuffling threads back to more appropriate forums.
4) The above problems could have been addressed generically, instead a particular manufacturer was singled out. I think that's a "Rule 7 violation". Len's call not mine.

A couple of folks have been beating this drum lately, simultaneously admitting no use with the product, nor contact with the owners. While demanding more proof from those happy with the product, and service. Under that heading a thread exist that list pictures of a variety of animals, with details explaining the circumstances.

If you have an issue why not call them-you won't even have to press 1 for English. Pretty easy.

I find these type of questions interesting...OP asks for fans of a product to show proof of success and/or their opinion...fans oblige and give proof and their opinion which was requested....OP or other people label said fans as just "fan boys" and are sick of the hype.

If a honest question is asked, why not respect an honest opinion?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts