Hammer bullets

Very nice results. I think I've been sold on ordering some. Just need to figure out what grain. 152 or 166 30 cal. And some 6.5 for my 26 nosler. Just ordered some Berger 6.5mm 156 EOL Hunters to try as well. I'd like to have a couple good options in the 26. 30-06 as well.
Talk to Steve at Hammer. Tell him caliber and twist rate and he is very helpful to get you into the correct weight of bullet

Talk to Steve at Hammer. Tell him caliber and twist rate and he is very helpful to get you into the correct weight of bullet
I'll call Steve tomorrow and get his inputs for these 2 calibers. Use it as a good starting point. Also going to call Berger. I guess they have 26 nosler load data for the EOL bullets. Not yet published but according to their website they said they can give out over the phone. I'm going to be a busy boy this winter loading up!

I've used 9 different Hammer bullets in 17 different chamberings and I haven't had a bad experience yet. They always shoot well with very little load work. I think the most shots it's ever taken me to get a .5 MOA or better load was 18 shots. Even the worst of those loads was .75 MOA though. I've also never had to adjust seating depth. Just pick a length that will feed through the magazine and have at it.

OK, I see great reviews, but I have a question. How finicky are they with seating depths? Also, if seating depth APPEARS to be a minimal issue then will performing a seating depth test need to be performed? Thanks in advance

I was seating about .020" jump and got just slightly over 1 moa (not bad). Tested at .070" and .100" jump and got noticeably tighter groups.

Anyone use these and what do you think? I've heard some good things on these but not a ton. Looking to develope a good load for my 30-06 this winter. It's a Ruger M77 mark 2 "lightweight". It seems to like the Remington core lokts 150gr but would like to find another good load. Thinking about the Hammer 152gr or the 152 sledge hammer to try. Also looking for good 26 nosler load reccomandations as well if anyone has them. Thanks!
No experience. But a lot of shooters on this site rave about the Hammer Bullets. So much so that I'm buying them next for my 300 WM.

My .257" 121 Hammers came in last week. In my 25SST, it was like pushing the "easy" button. Every load I tried was better than .6MOA. I had two that were great though. .240" @ 3236fps & .384" @ 3314fps.
20191027_092328.jpg

20191027_161717.jpg

20191027_161618.jpg

Just returned from a pronghorn Hunt in Wyoming. A friend of mine used my 6.5x47 with the 124 gr HH. Shot a buck at around 200 yds quartering hard towards him, bedded down. Buck never even twitched DRT. Load development consisted of 6 shots. Was previously shooting 130 Accubond with 41.5 gr of H4350. Kept the powder charge the same and seated them 20 thou off. Shot under .5 MOA. Way less meat loss on his buck than mine. I was shooting a 6 Dasher with a 103 ELD-X. Shot mine at 298 yds. I may need to look into the 101HH.

Just returned from a pronghorn Hunt in Wyoming. A friend of mine used my 6.5x47 with the 124 gr HH. Shot a buck at around 200 yds quartering hard towards him, bedded down. Buck never even twitched DRT. Load development consisted of 6 shots. Was previously shooting 130 Accubond with 41.5 gr of H4350. Kept the powder charge the same and seated them 20 thou off. Shot under .5 MOA. Way less meat loss on his buck than mine. I was shooting a 6 Dasher with a 103 ELD-X. Shot mine at 298 yds. I may need to look into the 101HH.
The 101 HH is wicked accurate in my 6CM @ 3180fps....here is another group for rfurman24....not quite 1 hole (he will probably think I am slipping)....but not bad for a tiny 6mm bullet.
20190310_103838.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.