Hammer bullets

Huge thanks to Steve! Incredibly responsive and accommodating to help hook me up for a trip, on ridiculously short notice. The bullets look awesome.

Have 4 different hammer's loaded up to try in 3 different cartridges. Can't wait to find some range time!

Thanks again!

Huge thanks to Steve! Incredibly responsive and accommodating to help hook me up for a trip, on ridiculously short notice. The bullets look awesome.

Have 4 different hammer's loaded up to try in 3 different cartridges. Can't wait to find some range time!

Thanks again!
What cartridges are you shooting?

Found my 124 Hammer Hunter load in my new Creedmoor....42.5 grains RL16, .030 off for 2946 fps with ES of 6 and all groups under .4".....barrel has less than 50 rounds through it and this is with brand new Nosler brass. I expect a little more speed as barrel gets 100-150 rounds through it and even tighter groups with 2nd firing of brass. Once Again, Very Pleased with Hammer Bullets!!

6FB74503-8B83-4B33-A5C0-2A28AC7495F6.jpeg

Found my 124 Hammer Hunter load in my new Creedmoor....42.5 grains RL16, .030 off for 2946 fps with ES of 6 and all groups under .4".....barrel has less than 50 rounds through it and this is with brand new Nosler brass. I expect a little more speed as barrel gets 100-150 rounds through it and even tighter groups with 2nd firing of brass. Once Again, Very Pleased with Hammer Bullets!!
View attachment 133283

Nice shooting. That's about 75 ft/sec faster then I'm getting with 39.6gr Varget with bullets loaded .100" off the rifling. The Varget load is consistently shooting under 2" at 400yds. Just waiting for the whitetail season to roll around again.
FWIW 41.0gr of Varget will hit 3,000 ft/sec but the load is hot.

Last edited:
300 PRC 22" proof carbon fiber barrel puts the Hammer 181's into one ragged hole at 100 at 3240fps with no pressure signs. Easiest reloading ever..

Kris

I'm so jealous!! renting a house and building a new home...All my new hammers waiting to get loaded for my .280 AI this summer;)

Which hammers did u go with? I have been using he 145s HH and shooting them .5" at 100 yds at 3180 and only have taken two antelope so far. Debating on just using them for everything from elk to antelope

What powder do you plan to run in the 280ai? I'm using 4831sc with the 143 hammer hunter and getting 3120fps. Finally found some RL16 to see if I can get a little more speed
I ran 4831sc and got 3180 with 215M but my barrel is 26"

Which hammers did u go with? I have been using he 145s HH and shooting them .5" at 100 yds at 3180 and only have taken two antelope so far. Debating on just using them for everything from elk to antelope

I went with the 131 because of my 1/10 twist and 22" lilja...no fps data hope to see the sun to shoot and do some math. No chronograph. Yet!

I went with the 131 because of my 1/10 twist and 22" lilja...no fps data hope to see the sun to shoot and do some math. No chronograph. Yet!
Ah got it. those should be screaming. I am trying to figure out which direction to go with my sons 6.5 saum. Previous owner shot bergers but here too many goods and bad on them, then thought about eld-x but then again live in commie CA where we have to be leadfree

Ah got it. those should be screaming. I am trying to figure out which direction to go with my sons 6.5 saum. Previous owner shot bergers but here too many goods and bad on them, then thought about eld-x but then again live in commie CA where we have to be leadfree
Hopefully when you give Hammers a try you will feel like you got a better bullet, not forced by law to settle.

I have to think in the 6.5 saum if 8 twist the 124 Hammer be tough to beat. If 7.5 twist the 131 is the bullet..... just thoughts. Screamer either way in SAUM!!!