Hammer bullets stabilization

Elkeater

Ok so many of us are running hammers at this point. I'm running the 199 hammer hunter in my long range 8 twist .300 win mag, a 152 hammer hunter in my light weight 10 twist .300 win mag, the 64gr hammer hunter in my 8 twist 5.56AR, and the 70gr hammer hunter in my kids 9 twist .243.

I know some folks are trying to run hammers in minimum twist barrels and some are having issues with key holes. For reference I figured I'd put up a pic for reference on how long these hammers really are. Hopefully someone might find this helpful when trying to decide on whether or not their rifle will stabilize the hammer they want to run.

Left to right is a 180 accubond, 200 accubond, 181 Hammer Hunter, 215 Berger hybrid, 199 Hammer Hunter, 214 Hammer Hunter.
6D31AEFF-51B0-4BB3-9990-4D3A5E1CEC4C.jpeg

Always better to go with the tighter twist if possible but my 10 twist 300 win is fine with the 181. Everything I've shot them in has been stable in the min twist they recommend. But yes they are long. Better to drive them a bit faster with a next lighter and be sure. Beside most of the time the lighter bullet makes more sense for most hunting situations.

I ordered a 1:7 carbon 6 for a 257 bee I'm building for a 128 HH! I'll keep you posted see how it does .View attachment 186445 here is a 110 AB with a 128!

That's super cool I wish I would have gone with a 1/7 or 8 in my new. It was my first custom and told the builder I would never shoot anything lighter than a 115. And I still got a 10 twist and this wasn't that long ago. I've now realized I need to pick my own components and not leave it up to the builder. At that time I assumed they would steer me right.

Always better to go with the tighter twist if possible but my 10 twist 300 win is fine with the 181. Everything I've shot them in has been stable in the min twist they recommend. But yes they are long. Better to drive them a bit faster with a next lighter and be sure. Beside most of the time the lighter bullet makes more sense for most hunting situations.
I'm running the 124HH out of my 10 twist 300 WSM

That's super cool I wish I would have gone with a 1/7 or 8 in my new. It was my first custom and told the builder I would never shoot anything lighter than a 115. And I still got a 10 twist and this wasn't that long ago. I've now realized I need to pick my own components and not leave it up to the builder. At that time I assumed they would steer me right.
Thank you I'm actually building the rifle around the Hammer 128 hopefully it likes it kinda a gamble on my part too. If not I can try Black Jack or cutting edge, on your deal maybe 110 eld-x?

Thank you I'm actually building the rifle around the Hammer 128 hopefully it likes it kinda a gamble on my part too. If not I can try Black Jack or cutting edge, on your deal maybe 110 eld-x?

I'm shooting the nosler 115 now. Had some very good kills from 400-680. I really like it. But I don't shoot it enough to mess around now with more load work as I can't keep up with the new stuff I have. Hopefully when my new house is done I'll be setup much better to really get some reloading done.