Hammer bullets rock!

They are not

I think you must have your head in the clouds 'bean

Screenshot_2021-06-25-10-31-59.png
Screenshot_2021-06-25-10-30-49.png

I believe what you are saying, 'bean - traditional 'drag models' do not apply to hammers. We can agree on that, however;

Based on the many results that others have posted (and my own results with a handful of Hammers), it seems Hammers often have MORE DROP than ballistic calculators predict.

So, forgive me, but how does a bullet retain more velocity than predicted but also drop more than predicted?

It just doesn't make sense!

For the record, I also agree with you - hammers hit harder than conventional bullets, but I don't think it's to the credit of IMPACT VELOCITY

I believe what you are saying, 'bean - traditional 'drag models' do not apply to hammers. We can agree on that, however;

Based on the many results that others have posted (and my own results with a handful of Hammers), it seems Hammers often have MORE DROP than ballistic calculators predict.

So, forgive me, but how does a bullet retain more velocity than predicted but also drop more than predicted?

It just doesn't make sense!

For the record, I also agree with you - hammers hit harder than conventional bullets, but I don't think it's to the credit of IMPACT VELOCITY
I've not had that problem but I'm not saying it didn't happen to you, Hammers are totally unconventional and there is still a lot of stuff to figure out, the 181 driven hard will be in the mid too high 3400's per our testing, I know bullet construction plays a big part but here is a 500 yard target shot in the same session with a 178 ELDX out of a 308@ 2700ish and the 25-06AI with the 90G AH@ 3864, the black splashes are the 308, Put those numbers in an APP and the 90AH should have been out of gas and bounced off of the plate

IMG_3614.jpg

Quick Load just finished profiling the whole line of Hammers. It will be released in the next update.

Bc is bc. Hammers don't defy physics they lose vel like any other bullet. They may get a head start compared to a heavier higher BC bullet, but eventually the slow bullet will pass the fast bullet someplace down range. When you are running the hyper vel near 4000 fps, like @ButterBean , then it is so flat to 500 plus yards that you can shoot that far without having to think about drops.

Quick Load just finished profiling the whole line of Hammers. It will be released in the next update.

Bc is bc. Hammers don't defy physics they lose vel like any other bullet. They may get a head start compared to a heavier higher BC bullet, but eventually the slow bullet will pass the fast bullet someplace down range. When you are running the hyper vel near 4000 fps, like @ButterBean , then it is so flat to 500 plus yards that you can shoot that far without having to think about drops.
I agree 100% BC is BC, if I was shooting past the 600 yard line I would most definitely step up in weight, the Hammers aren't magic and need to be used correctl and accordingly, I still run the 178 ELDX in my 308 for 1000 yard work, I personally limit myself to 600 yards unless conditions are ideal to me so the 124 HH in 30 cal and the 90 AH in 25 cal fit me perfectly