Hammer bullets picked up by Weatherby !!!

yep, if one can safely attain that speed then using the 1800 fps guideline one would be good to go to closer to 800 and still have the bullet open up consistently

Floyd,
Do you clean your bullets before loading? The vapor trail comes from the oil/lube they use to drill the hollow points. It's residual in the hollow points.
Also, it's tough to see the vapor trail behind the rifle. 100yds is also kinda close. It's easier to see at greater distance😄

Congrats, Hammer! Well deserved.

Question though: I thought Hammers needed a faster twist. Will they work ok out of a standard Weatherby?
Yes. As long as the bullet is not too long for the weight to twist ratio. Just physics. The pure copper bullet will be longer for its weight than a lead bullet of the same weight. Thus the copper bullet will need more twist than the lead bullet of the same weight and form. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes! We have worked hard, and continue to, to make the best product we possibly can. Our goals are simple. Terminal performance above all and consistent, predictable accuracy.

A question if I may . I am shooting test loads for the Hammer Hunter 30 Caliber 124 grain out of my 30-06. I am only shooting test loads now at 100 yards . I have shot 50 + or- rounds so far and have never seen the vapor trail some people are talking about. Is that due to the short distance I am shooting test loads ? Will the vapor trail magically appear when I get my hunting load worked up and start shooting 200, 300 , 400, 500 ETC. yards to proof and confirm drop data??
It is easier to see if you are not the shooter. It does show up better one day to another. We always considered the machine oil left in the hollow point as the reason. We clean it out much better than we once did and still see it. The Weatherby ammo is completely cleaned out of the hollow point. I think it shows up better on cooler more humid days. Video really shows it.

What's that all about ? You don't like Hammer or Weatherby
I was wondering the same…I don't know why a person would have a problem with either! Curvy shoulders and belts regardless, weatherby was "fast before fast was cool" and I admire the heck out of the company and it's legacy.

Having lived in countries with monopolies, and crazy times like this, my philosophy has always been to applaud anyone making another option available. I like having choices!
I am however disappointed at Weatherby (I own 5 of their rifles) that is charging a super premium. $180/box before taxes, shipping and hazmat is outragious. I will tink hard before I buy another WBY!
That is just me!