Hammer Bullets HHT Memorial Day Sale

One of my hunting buddies' favourite gun is an old husqvarna 9.3x62. I'll have to let him know you're playing with that diameter 😁
Yes. Just built a 36 Nosler for the trip to Aussie. Going to use it for testing dangerous game solids and do some long range work on deer and water buffalo with a Hammer HHT. So far have only fire formed 50 pcs and done some impact testing. Have not developed a full tilt load for it yet. Mild loads with 210g solids at 2900 fps. I'm betting I can get 3100 fps with a 250g. We have a beer on it.

Yes. Just built a 36 Nosler for the trip to Aussie. Going to use it for testing dangerous game solids and do some long range work on deer and water buffalo with a Hammer HHT. So far have only fire formed 50 pcs and done some impact testing. Have not developed a full tilt load for it yet. Mild loads with 210g solids at 2900 fps. I'm betting I can get 3100 fps with a 250g. We have a beer on it.
SWEET!

Let us know how it performs. My .358
Norma has absolutely no trouble getting a boring old 250 hornady soft point over 2900 fps (with its 27.75 inch pipe helping a bit) - considering the case volume of the Nosler and a very slight increase in bore diameter 3100 sounds about right for a similar 250 soft point, 3200-3300 with a long-ish barrel and the low bearing surface hammers wouldn't surprise me at all. Always good to see these less loved bore diameters get some attention

SWEET!

Let us know how it performs. My .358
Norma has absolutely no trouble getting a boring old 250 hornady soft point over 2900 fps (with its 27.75 inch pipe helping a bit) - considering the case volume of the Nosler and a very slight increase in bore diameter 3100 sounds about right for a similar 250 soft point, 3200-3300 with a long-ish barrel and the low bearing surface hammers wouldn't surprise me at all. Always good to see these less loved bore diameters get some attention
My barrel is 23". 8" twist Pacnor.

I'm guessing no one can shoot the difference of .008 g7-bc at any distance. So far, we see less increase in bc from a tip the larger the caliber gets. We will see but my guess is 30 cal is the break point of seeing the tip influence bc in any significant amount.
Are the HHT BC values also "estimates calculated from shot drops" or have they all been measured with radar, Oehler, etc?

Any plans for 6mm variants?

Are the HHT BC values also "estimates calculated from shot drops" or have they all been measured with radar, Oehler, etc?

Any plans for 6mm variants?
We have run several versions of the HHT through the oehler 89 and used that form factor to apply to everything in estimating bc. We will eventually run all of them through the oehler and publish the results (from that rifle on that day at that range) as measured bc. It just takes time.

We have designs from .204 up through .308 and plan to run through .375. Impact testing now with .366 (9.3mm). Need to make sure that the same design continues to work properly for terminal performance as the thickness of the shed nose material increases. This info will translate to 8mm and up.

Will the Weatherby factory ammo be offered in all hammer bullet types ? ( HH, AHH, HHT)
Until we get an automated system for installing the tips it will be prohibitive for commercial loading. Right now it is a matter of making sure whatever we invest in will be reliably productive for the long haul.

Until we get an automated system for installing the tips it will be prohibitive for commercial loading. Right now it is a matter of making sure whatever we invest in will be reliably productive for the long haul.

No one knows, but I was really into cars at one time. Like they used to say in drag racing, "A no show is better than a bad show."

Keep trying to do what is right and we hunters will keep buying your stuff.

Purely curious question.

So if you took a power hammer and put a tip in it would the bullet "performance" be the same, similar or not at all. I know the bands and aerodynamics aren't the same. Just wondering how the bullet fragments.

I have had a few tips deform in the HH line and watch that. I have moved to power hammers for closer range stuff simply because the larger tip and faster fragmentation. Maybe that is wrong??

We really do appreciate your bullets and hard work.

Purely curious question.

So if you took a power hammer and put a tip in it would the bullet "performance" be the same, similar or not at all. I know the bands and aerodynamics aren't the same. Just wondering how the bullet fragments.

I have had a few tips deform in the HH line and watch that. I have moved to power hammers for closer range stuff simply because the larger tip and faster fragmentation. Maybe that is wrong??

We really do appreciate your bullets and hard work.
Think the terminal performance comparison of the Power Hammer and the Hammer HHT is the fairest simple comparison. Roughly the same hollow point dimension. The tip has shown a "controlled" expansion, for lack of better terms, in the mid to low velocity impacts making it nearly impossible to study the permanent wound channel and see any difference in performance. Impacts from 2000 fps to about 2600 fps. Permanent wounding that rivals what we see with about 3000 fps impacts from previous Hammers. I don't know if he has time. @fordy is trying to prepare for a safari in Zimbabwe. He can explain in better depth. In testing nearly a 1000 impacts on animals, he phoned me frustrated because the terminal performance is working in a way that he had determined not possible. He has logged and documented bullet performance for somewhere around 20 years. All kinds of bullets of all kinds of designs and materials. He was honestly kind of mad about it. He referred to Brian and I as "you ******", quite a bit! His words are that it takes the smaller to mid size cartridges to magnum terminal performance levels of to 500y. The 308 / 30-06 level of cartridges. Something to that effect.

You mean "Brian and me" don't you. Brian and you are the objects of the subject in your sentence above; unlike this sentence where "Brian and you" are the subjects in this one.

I don't know how to use my phone completely but I received an "A" in English class. Kind of thought you would appreciate the heads up. It's very simple. If you did not include Brian, how would you use first person singular?