Hammer Bullets HHT Memorial Day Sale

I have to admit, I'm trying to figure out how, or why the HHT would end up with a LOWER bc than the HH in comparable weights.
30 cal
181 gr HH = G7-BC=.272 calculated from shot drops
182 gr HHT = g7-bc= .261 estimated
The 181g Hammer Hunter is a longer more aggressive design that needs more twist and can be difficult to fit in some short factory magazines.

The 181g Hammer Hunter is a longer more aggressive design that needs more twist and can be difficult to fit in some short factory magazines.
OK, let's try a different 30 cal comparison then.

199g HH Length = 1.625" Weight = 197g G7-BC = .299 (from shot drops) Min twist 1-9.25

203g HHT Length = 1.710" Weight = 203g G7-BC = .291 (estimated) Min twist 1-9

Even when the HHT is longer, weighs more, and requires a faster twist, the estimated BC is falling short of the HH. Where's the gain? What's the HHT going to do that the HH doesn't already do?

Last edited:
OK, let's try a different 30 cal comparison then.

199g HH Length = 1.625" Weight = 197g G7-BC = .299 (from shot drops) Min twist 1-9.25

203g HHT Length = 1.710" Weight = 203g G7-BC = .291 (estimated) Min twist 1-9

Even when the HHT is longer, weighs more, and requires a faster twist, the estimated BC is falling short of the HH. Where's the gain? What's the HHT going to do that the HH doesn't already do?
I'm guessing no one can shoot the difference of .008 g7-bc at any distance. So far, we see less increase in bc from a tip the larger the caliber gets. We will see but my guess is 30 cal is the break point of seeing the tip influence bc in any significant amount.

That said, the benefit of meplat durability is a very real benefit. The tip protects the meplat from damage from rough handling or feeding that could close the hollow point and cause bullet failure on impact. We were able to design this tipped Hammer to work at a wider range of impact velocity than we can with the Hammer Hunter. Particularly from 2500 fps impacts and lower. Basically from 2000 fps to 2500 fps it is nearly impossible to tell the difference in wound channel in animals. I personally am more interested in these benefits than any benefit in bc. Bc is cool but significantly less consequential than most people think. We will be adding another line of tipped bullets that are longer for caliber with shorter bearing surface and aggressive ogives that will often have trouble fitting in many factory magazines and likely be tougher to tune a load. They will have great bc though. We pretty well have the design(s) done.