Hammer bullets barrel life

Gday on barrel life to me heat is number 1 as I've cooked a 222 quicker than any 22-250 I've had
I'm not into all that other stuff if it shoots 1/2 of the vitals of that critter I'm cool & that determines my effective range I'll shoot too , yes I'm a simple sole & no longer a longrange shooter although Steve is trying to sway me lol

On hammers they have been the easiest to tune & my 300 rum that I bought a reamer for as it was toast & since putting hammers in it I've gone from a 3 Mia rifle to a just over 1 Moa & this rifle & hasn't gone pop yet & it's had just over a 1000 rounds down the tube & the majority of these are between 3700&4250 MV

Cheers

About a month ago I PM'd one of my friends at a leading bullet, ammo, firearms company about some comments made on here. I felt they should know about some of the misinformation/ comments made about their products. He said he doesn't get on the web just for that reason. Which has pretty much sealed the deal on me commenting much anymore. Obviously I still do. But I've curtailed much of my comments.

Didnt read all the replys but this whole barrel ife thing is WAY over talked about. New barrel installed is 5-700 bucks.

Doubling the barrel life to 2000 rounds isn't saving you much, maybe 350 bucks at the most. I suggest you quit worrying about the cost of barrels, because if that is a thing, the cost of shooting is probably out of reach as well.
I've replaced quite a few barrels and the cost is an issue for some of us, including me. As an example, I recently sent a varmint rig out for a new Krieger bbl. A non-carbon SS match barrel runs about $450, chambering-headspacing-etc about $400 more. The PO charged me $125 to ship the rifle to my smith. Smith charged $100 to return ship.

You're looking at nearly $1,100 for my last rebarrel. If it was a carbon wrappped barrel you could add several hundred more $$$$$$. I've got a Bartlein carbon on order with their new harder steel insert. Just the barrel will probably run over $800 (not including installation) and the wait time is over 6 months.

We are all different, but if there is a way to extend barrel/bore life, it would be an interesting and important topic for me. Some say "barrels are expendable so just blast away and swap them out". But the cost and time involved in replacing a high quality barrels is a real issue.

Just my 2 cents.

I won't be in attendance
Really? Was this seriously necessary? Before I even got a chance to respond. Heck, I haven't even had the time to read all of his post yet, I just skimmed and saw this and it took my attention more than
About a month ago I PM'd one of my friends at a leading bullet, ammo, firearms company about some comments made on here. I felt they should know about some of the misinformation/ comments made about their products. He said he doesn't get on the web just for that reason. Which has pretty much sealed the deal on me commenting much anymore. Obviously I still do. But I've curtailed much of my comments.
You have posted five times and have said the same thing ,Complaining .A very liked member here, Fordy was called a Liar and it seems you are ok with that . I try too show respect in every post I make , it also seems some just can't take any joking without getting their feathers ruffled . I enjoy reading and responding on this forum there is a lot of good guys on here .

This guy started by giving his credentials of shooting long range and hunting long range including elk then asked what bullet he should use for elk. Suspicious at best. Then goes on a thread that had already been inflammatory but had pretty much died out and called someone out on a video he had shot in 2019 and said he was lieing about a conversation he had with a salesman and that a gel block was 2" shorter than claimed. Big deal. Irrelevant if the block was 2" shorter or not. Claimed he called the company to ask questions that would discredit the claims. If that isn't going out of your way to start crap I don't know what is. Then he starts another thread that the topic has been debated several times with a simple search and calls out someone else he doesn't know nor does he have any experience doing what this guy does half way around the world. This thread and his accusations then cause more hate and discontent. This buy definition is trolling which makes him a troll. If people don't see that I would agree they are naive. To me this has nothing to do with Hammer bullets or anything other than calling a spade a spade.

Looks like Petey better set a few extra plates out for the crow BBQ
And for what it's worth, my comments about eating crow were based on your own accusations against @NorthRiverGuide about being a troll, not about Fordy. And I'm not sure the verdict is in yet on that. So let's not get things misconstrued please.

There are more than one set of accusations being made about more than one person here, so it seems. It's become a mess.