Hammer Bullets and Hyper Velocity, The Misconception

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a ton of discussion on Hammers and Hyper Velocity and it has confused some folks into thinking that Hammers will not work at conventional speeds when they will, This is a post from my Brother from down under explaining this. And a bit of background on the man he has probably killed more animals than all of us combined ( I'm not exaggerating ) and I would not doubt that he has tested every bullet on the planet, I hope this clears the water a bit
Bean

I made a mistake in my opening post that was very crucial that Turtle556 pointed out ( Thank You ) it's too late to edit so i fixed it here, All Apologies

Bean
I thought something was amiss with that sentence.

Did you find bullet chunks in the shoulder when you skinned the bull? Man, it is surprising a solid bullet could ever come apart like that.
With all the experimentations and game shot in Africa some of the toughest thick skinned animals on earth story after story of successful elk hunts at long range with calibers as small as 6.5 I personally find it hard too believe a 260 gr hammer bullet at nearly point blank range didn't penetrate through a elk not once but twice no offense intended but are you sure your talking about hammers and not some other bullet once the petals break off that shank takes a lot more than a elk too stop it

With all the experimentations and game shot in Africa some of the toughest thick skinned animals on earth story after story of successful elk hunts at long range with calibers as small as 6.5 I personally find it hard too believe a 260 gr hammer bullet at nearly point blank range didn't penetrate through a elk not once but twice no offense intended but are you sure your talking about hammers and not some other bullet once the petals break off that shank takes a lot more than a elk too stop it
In 40 + years elk hunting and multiple African Safaris hunting dangerous game I have not seen this type performance with a bullet intended for a specific use. Not try to convince you just tell the group a recent observation…do with it what you will. 🤷‍♂️

I am curious as to who the Australian distributor is for Hammer bullets. I have searched to max avail.
Can anyone enlighten me please?

Cheers.

B/2-75 That blows my mind too.As i have complete pass threw on moose and elk at 40-50 yrds,with berger 300.Which doesnt really surprize me because I shot 338 for 38 years and shoot threw to the 500 yrd range many times.Shot threw 6x6 last year with a super dozier,240 gr,no surprize,at 200 yrd.All 338NM

If I had that kind of experience I would send the remainder of the bullets back too Steve at Hammer bullets too be analyzed because your description is not a normal performance of a Hammer bullet once again no offense intended

B/2-75 That blows my mind too.As i have complete pass threw on moose and elk at 40-50 yrds,with berger 300.Which doesnt really surprize me because I shot 338 for 38 years and shoot threw to the 500 yrd range many times.Shot threw 6x6 last year with a super dozier,240 gr,no surprize,at 200 yrd.All 338NM
Just a recent observation…surprised me upon the autopsy too. Not advocating one way or the other on the bullet…thought maybe I wasn't the only one with this experience with this specific bullet.

If I had that kind of experience I would send the remainder of the bullets back too Steve at Hammer bullets too be analyzed because your description is not a normal performance of a Hammer bullet once again no offense intended
Good point…I may do just that. They are great to work with in fact helped in load development for the 338 NM.

Status
Not open for further replies.