Hammer bullet Data

bahabill

6.5 prc
CA Ridgline riffle
reloder 26 powder
Fed 210 primer or
CCI 200 primer

Just ordered the 129 grain absolute hammer bullets and just looking for some basic load data.
Does anyone know starting seating COAL measurement ???
Should i just use starting point of load charge as a 130 eld-m hornady bullet???
Figured this bullet should be better for hunting cause deer out in AZ then the 130-140 gr ELD-M
Thanks guys

In the reloading section of the Hammertime forum Steve Davis goes through his process with a new rifle. Search "reloading process for hammer bullets". If I was better at the Internets Id connect a link. Sadly I'm not.

In the reloading section of the Hammertime forum Steve Davis goes through his process with a new rifle. Search "reloading process for hammer bullets". If I was better at the Internets Id connect a link. Sadly I'm not.
Is this it?

6.5 prc
CA Ridgline riffle
reloder 26 powder
Fed 210 primer or
CCI 200 primer

Just ordered the 129 grain absolute hammer bullets and just looking for some basic load data.
Should i just use starting point of load charge as a 130 eld-m hornady bullet???
Figured this bullet should be better for hunting cause deer out in AZ then the 130-140 gr ELD-M
Thanks guys
I just started shooting some 134 shock hammers in a Mesa 6.5 PRC. Using RL26 and rem primers. I hit pressure sooner than expected. 56.5 had resistance in bolt lift and shot 57 to see how much hotter and bolt was quite stiff and ejector marks. With the 129s I'd start around 54 and go up half grain at a time. You will get a bit
More powder in the absolutes before you hit pressure. And there is plenty of room in that case for RL26.

I'm shooting 140 absolutes in a 280 and up to 57 grains of RL16. No signs of pressure but the case is pretty full and it's grouping well. Not going to force it higher even though im sure there is more velocity there. Avg is 3160 with good ES.

6.5 prc
CA Ridgline riffle
reloder 26 powder
Fed 210 primer or
CCI 200 primer

Thanks guys
There's a entire thread dedicated to this. See post 2 with plenty of data to get you started.

This resource is where I deposited my info for the 129 AH in my 6.5 PRC. Normally, I would just look up my data and provide it to you, but I'm on vacation this week. Per Steve, best velocities for AH will come for faster burning powders. He also suggested using a bushing die to get neck a couple thou tighter for better neck tension.

Best neck "grip" is .003-.004, with or without the Lee Factory Crimp Die. Most find better es/sd with necks crimped from 1/4 - 3/8 turns. Also more consistent ignition.
There are 2 spreadsheets of load data on this forum:
Absolute Hammer Load Data, and
Hammer Hunter Load Data
Enjoy
G

You don't have to crimp if you've never done it before.

Load up in 0.5 grain increments until you start getting ejector marks. Try shoot them at 200 yards plus and watch how they group as you do your pressure test. Usually they are very predictable. Back off a grain and let them rip.

This will be less than 10 shots and you'll either have the easiest tuning load you've ever done or you'll have a good idea of where to go.

6.5 prc
CA Ridgline riffle
reloder 26 powder
Fed 210 primer or
CCI 200 primer

Thanks guys
This was on the hammer forum for the 124HH. Not the 129AH but maybe a place to start.

Attachments

• ACE2AC72-1553-4224-8BE7-DDD476C5793B.png
    ACE2AC72-1553-4224-8BE7-DDD476C5793B.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 98