Hammer bullet concern

right .... when was the last time the "absolute hammer load data " thread was not on the first page of the reloading section ... its been bumped to the top for 72 pages ... thats not promotion ???

my comment will be buried in 20 min , so deep nobody will read it anyways ... and thats , not promotion ???

i am not upset one bit, like i said a little relieved to see a different side of the coin

i feel they are a premium bullet ,
I think I get you bro. Nothing is magic. Pick your poison - bonded, partitions, cup & core, solids... They all have "sides" that are beyond their intended use or design parameters. I think the reasons the Hammers keep getting bumped is because they are available, so easy to load and shoot, and perform very well with broad parameters, that so many guys are getting them and trying them. This "onslaught" just by nature feeds itself with guys coming in to ask questions or to report their successes. Consider it enthusiasm or interest rather than promotion. ;) Doubt anyone is getting paid to do it. Not me anyway. ;)

right .... when was the last time the "absolute hammer load data " thread was not on the first page of the reloading section ... its been bumped to the top for 72 pages ... thats not promotion ???

my comment will be buried in 20 min , so deep nobody will read it anyways ... and thats , not promotion ???

i am not upset one bit, like i said a little relieved to see a different side of the coin

i feel they are a premium bullet ,
I hear ya Bud and I understand, They are a complete game changer and conventional reloading wisdom don't apply so it's very exciting and complete new learning experience as compared to the same old stuff we've been doing for decades, I've said it before there are folks that live on the Borderline and then there are folks that are just Boards, I lchoose the Borderline, There is absolutely nothing wrong with any Bullet anyone chooses to use and if anyone has been paying attention I have never run down or talked junk about any other bullet manufactureras I have used them all with great success, I have killed more deer with a 25cal 115 CT than anything else I have used to date but as of now I'm a Hammer Guy, That very well may change and if it does I'll let everyone know

We have come to the conclusion that Ballistic Gel while it works is a "Consistent" test media and is not truly representative of what a bullet will do in an animal, and while the test that are being done are still controlled the meat and bone in the tube give a lot clearer picture of stability and metplat deformation, still some bugs to work out as the media is constricted in the pipe
I like the concept and the effort to test and perfect the product. Nothing quite like the real stuff. Not really related, but for kicks, my first 1,000 yd shot a number years back was at a neighbor's free range chicken (or rooster) out in a field grubbing. At that point I had never shot beyond 600 yd and was certain enough of a miss that I was crazy enough to try it. Nothing like live-target impact "splashes". I was within 12" and the 180 gr Hybrid gave the birdie a dust bath that sent him/her pumpin the two legs faster than a 2 cylinder crankshaft at full throttle. Nothing like good old hillbilly stupid fun. Don't ask what we were gonna do if the bird actually would have gone up in "smoke". Totally irresponsible, I know. 🤷‍♂️

I felt that way about the 6.5 Creed...so I just quit reading stuff about the 6.5 Creed. I got one to see if it was a better mouse trap and now have a couple. Heard a lot of great things about Hammers and finally started shooting them. No lie, the accuracy and ease of load development is unlike most all other bullets I have shot. I have loads for several guns loaded to hunt with them and I will do my own field testing and see for myself. If they are as advertised think how sad it would be that would have missed out just for being tired of hearing how great a great bullets is. If they don't perform as well or better than my current favorites I will chalk it up to experience and stop reading hammer threads.

just havent needed a new bullet yet , maybe next rifle

August 21-22, I will be testing the 7mm 169 gr hammer hunter on pigs at 700-800 yards to see what they do at longish ranges. I will do an anatomy check to see what the damage is and report back my findings. Will shoot 2-3 pigs. Wont be a huge test sample but at least we can get an idea of what it does on a pretty tough animal at longer distances.

August 21-22, I will be testing the 7mm 169 gr hammer hunter on pigs at 700-800 yards to see what they do at longish ranges. I will do an anatomy check to see what the damage is and report back my findings. Will shoot 2-3 pigs. Wont be a huge test sample but at least we can get an idea of what it does on a pretty tough animal at longer distances.
Anxious to hear. Great test. Are you good enough to take one end-for-end? ;)

Unless it's a 1:6.5 twist with a muzzle velocity over 4300 fps be prepared to have your "evidence" discredited as poor marksmanship or the inability to properly run a test. On game experience doesn't mean much when you can shoot pipes full of meat like they do at the fbi ballistics lab.🤣
As well as the latest test( This was done to prove the point that Ballistic Gel is not a true representation) There have been 200+ animals killed in the last 8 months ranging from Rabbits to Water Buffalo, I have pics and data and will provide them to anyone that wants them,......................... Back to you