Hammer bullet concern

this site promotes the hammers in EXCESS . i know ya all trying to help a buddy out , which is cool

but, kinda like inhaling while skydiving .. like drinking from a garden hose on full blast .. or your mom making ya eat your peas as a kid ..

the excessive push around this forum makes me actually appreciate seeing anything on the other side of the coin for a change ( is that good for marketing ?) i

you know how you kinda start liking peas when you arent told ya gotta eat em

what percentage of 300wm are a 10 .. are ther gonna be any not so avid shooters ending with these same results

There's no "promoting." Just regular people reporting their results. It is up to each individual to read the user reports and come to their own conclusion. If a person doesn't want to shoot a particular bullet, then don't shoot it.

If one person says a bullet sux, when 20 others say they work great, that one outlier needs to realize he will need to bring some good proof to the table, otherwise folks will be skeptical. That's just the way human nature works when there are so many variables at play.

JMHO, but that someone gets upset by lots of favorable user reports just seems like an odd reaction. But, whatever. "Free speech" and all that.

Last edited:
I've read a bunch of your content and I haven't seen mention of you having a Hammer failure ? Have you had a failure ? With that being said any bullet can fail, All kinds of variables to take into consideration, It wasn't that long ago that the term "Ham Berger" was all over this forum and still today I see "Just don't hit bone" with a Berger, Oh wait I almost forgot, Your not using Hammers anymore correct?
I very thoroughly tried to outline how I felt they underperformed and was shouted down by the hammer apologists- yourself included. In the future I'll do my best to stay out of these hammer threads since we all know where there going and at this point I can agree to let sleeping dogs lie.

this site promotes the hammers in EXCESS . i know ya all trying to help a buddy out , which is cool

but, kinda like inhaling while skydiving .. like drinking from a garden hose on full blast .. or your mom making ya eat your peas as a kid ..

the excessive push around this forum makes me actually appreciate seeing anything on the other side of the coin for a change ( is that good for marketing ?) i

what percentage of 300wm are a 10 .. are ther gonna be any not so avid shooters ending with these same results
Nobody is promoting anything Neighbor, It's reall y quite simple, they flat out work

This site represents mostly "avid" shooters, so maybe not so much of an issue here. Hammer does a good job of steering people who come to them for input. But I suppose any dude could order up some pills online and try to push a long one on a slow twist. In fact, you can even order some .308's for a 7mm and no one will stop you. It's finally on the shooter/reloader to educate themselves and make wise decisions. I think the reason it seems like an excess of Hammer promotion is because they work incredibly well and represent a shift in design and capability that we haven't seen in awhile. Appreciate your point of view though. Something to consider.

I very thoroughly tried to outline how I felt they underperformed and was shouted down by the hammer apologists- yourself included. In the future I'll do my best to stay out of these hammer threads since we all know where there going and at this point I can agree to let sleeping dogs lie.
No please do tell, I am very interested in what you think are the downfalls

This site represents mostly "avid" shooters, so maybe not so much of an issue here. Hammer does a good job of steering people who come to them for input. But I suppose any dude could order up some pills online and try to push a long one on a slow twist. In fact, you can even order some .308's for a 7mm and no one will stop you. It's finally on the shooter/reloader to educate themselves and make wise decisions. I think the reason it seems like an excess of Hammer promotion is because they work incredibly well and represent a shift in design and capability that we haven't seen in awhile. Appreciate your point of view though. Something to consider.
They are a game changer ShoNuff

Do I need to post somemore of these

There's no "promoting." Just regular people reporting their results. It is up to each individual to read the user reports and come to their own conclusion.

JMHO, but that someone gets upset by lots of favorable user reports just seems like an odd reaction. But, whatever. "Free speech" and all that.

right .... when was the last time the "absolute hammer load data " thread was not on the first page of the reloading section ... its been bumped to the top for 72 pages ... thats not promotion ??? why not just make a sticky

anything negative about hammer will be buried in 20 min , so deep nobody will read it anyways ... and thats , not promotion ???

i bet either one of 2 thing happens with this excessive promotion -- either this tread will be intentionally be overrun with all the happy users to dilute any negativity towards them or other threads will be replied to just to push it back a few pages

i am not upset one bit, like i said a little relieved to see a different side of the coin ..

i feel they are a premium bullet with some great reviews , that i would try ... sometime just feel that LRH reloading section , is a hammer ad --

you can not tell me with a straight face .. this forum ins't used to promote hammers

Last edited:
Do I need to post somemore of these
It's amazing how a man can promote the 6mm need more as the best thing since sliced bread . Then criticize hammer bullet user's because of our successful experiences each too his own .

Sounds like and interesting test to hear more about... ;) 👂
We have come to the conclusion that Ballistic Gel while it works is a "Consistent" test media and is not truly representative of what a bullet will do in an animal, and while the test that are being done are still controlled the meat and bone in the tube give a lot clearer picture of stability and metplat deformation, still some bugs to work out as the media is constricted in the pipe

I felt that way about the 6.5 Creed...so I just quit reading stuff about the 6.5 Creed. I got one to see if it was a better mouse trap and now have a couple. Heard a lot of great things about Hammers and finally started shooting them. No lie, the accuracy and ease of load development is unlike most all other bullets I have shot. I have loads for several guns loaded to hunt with them and I will do my own field testing and see for myself. If they are as advertised think how sad it would be that I would have missed out just for being tired of hearing how great a great bullet is. If they don't perform as well or better than my current favorites I will chalk it up to experience and stop reading hammer threads.

Last edited:

Recent Posts