Halloween buck

Cookie114

I was able to connect on a good N. GA buck this past Halloween, He was a solid 9pt. And thank GOD I did get on him because the pre rut/rut was a drag around my parts.

Attachments

• 20201104_064225.jpg
    20201104_064225.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,050
  • 20201104_082055.jpg
    20201104_082055.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 869

300whisper

LRH Team Member
Deer season has been slow in GA this year. Deer are out and about, but I guess due to the huge population of does, bucks aren’t chasing as hard.

That’s an awesome buck. We have a couple on the property I hunt, similarly built, in central Georgia. They are crafty though. Doubt I’ll get a shot.

Last edited:

ndking1126

Nice buck! I live in North Alabama and most of our deer rut late Jan/early Feb. I had never hear of such a thing before moving here. It's also kind of weird because deer seem to rut just whenever. I've heard that's because our state brought in deer in the 70s and we ended up with a few different species. Interesting that you are fairly close and have already had your rut.

Cookie114

Deer season has been slow in GA this year. Deer are out and about, but I guess due to the huge population bucks aren’t chasing as hard.

That’s an awesome buck. We have a couple on the property I hunt build similarly in central Georgia. They are crafty though. Doubt I’ll get a shot.
I've saw plenty of yearling bucks chasing but mature bucks chasing

Cookie114

Nice buck! I live in North Alabama and most of our deer rut late Jan/early Feb. I had never hear of such a thing before moving here. It's also kind of weird because deer seem to rut just whenever. I've heard that's because our state brought in deer in the 70s and we ended up with a few different species. Interesting that you are fairly close and have already had your rut.
Yea it will vary a couple weeks just by going north or south by 1 county. Definitely no rhyme or reason

D

Deleted member 103481

Ours hit hard mid November in NC. We are lucky that a little more north so cold snaps set them off well

epoletna

In theory, the rut should occur at such a time that newborn fawns are dropped early enough in the year that they mature enough to make it through the following winter. Apparently the Northern Alabama deer mentioned above can make it through the following winter at a younger age. I guess that makes sense.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.