Hakko Scopes

Steve Douglass

HAKKO is the manufacturer of Springfield Armory's optics. Springfield has had a private label agreement for some years now. HAKKO does manufacture their MP series which if memory serves me correctly, are their Law Enforcement models, but you may find it difficult to locate a distribution channel near by. They are a Japanese company. There are limited models brought in through various companies. I own a Springfield second generation 4-16x50IR range finding, and I tried to purchase one of their third Gen. with the Mil-dot, but the lead times were to great. HAKKO was late in delivering. I purchased the Leupold MK IV 6.5-20x50 LR/T. For the price I believe the HAKKO is not a bad way to go.

--------------------------------------------

Experience the best, Judge the rest!!

I am looking at the law enforcement models. The 10x56 and the 4-14x50 both have a 30mm tube with mildot. I saw them at a local gun shop, good price. Thank you for your comment

Photographer, You're welcome! Keep us posted. I've been interested in HAKKO for some time now, but wasn't able to find the MP series I wanted. I did some further research on optics at that cost level and found a company called Hawke Optics. They are also Japanese glass, but Manufactured in the UK. There is a distribution channel in Canada, http://www.airgunsonly.com/. I'm not recommending them over HAKKO, but just take a look. Their Sindwinder, 1" tube, I have on a hunting rifle. It has some real nice features. I'm still partial to Leupold though.

Steve

Photographer, PracTac

Hawke is a line of scopes retailed by Deben in the UK.
http://www.deben.com

Similar to the way Edgar Brothers retail the Optitoo and Optimate ranges. I.e. production is contracted out and then a local label put on them.

Traditionally, Deben scopes have been produced by HAKKO. Any Japanese made Hawke scope is probably made by Hakko.

Rgds

I knew that Deben was involved with Hawke, but I didn't know that the original manufacturer was HAKKO. You know if you really review all the optics closely you can see a number of similarities in construction. Thanks for that info.

Protrac

I think the similarities become very obvious with the high spec scopes eg 8-32x44 ect.

I had an 8-32x44 optimate once which looked identicle to some other brand scopes with the same spec. A very nice scope. Sold it to get something lighter with more adjustment range.

Rgds

Hakko are a pile of junk, i had one a couple of years ago and it wouldn't hold zero, despite numerouse trips back to the factory. ster well clear of Hakko and of springfield scopes.
The bitter taste of faulty goods lasts much longer than the joy of a low price.
Pete

Pete, Thanks for the info, as I had mentioned I do have one on my M1A i.e. Spring Armory, which I do shoot pretty regularly at some tactical matches and to this day have not had a problem, but most of my personal inventory are Leupolds, MK IV LR/T IRs. I'll keep my eye on it.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.