Had to share this with you guys.

The fact of the matter a growing number of people here in the U.S are complacent about their freedom because they've always had it and some will never appreciate it until it's gone.

You may blame the U.S. Department of Education for most of the attitudes. Our youth have been inculcated with leftist doctrine beginning in the 1960s. They've been taught little or no U.S. or World history and no geography. What history remains in our schools is revisionist and/or focuses on casting the U.S. in a derogatory light. Mea culpa, mea culpa has replaced our national anthem as a mantra.

BTW; I love the .308 and own two.

I have found the same thing you have, but what's really annoying is that none of the sales staff knows anything about hunting or shooting. The people who work in the Cabela's store are total morons.
It is rare to find any real help in any of the big stores. I've learned its best to do your own research and definitely don't go in expecting to receive any enlightenment. Any questions about products are usually answered by the staff reading a product description to you off their phone and the answer isn't in there because i already read it. Question still not answered.
Them: "Can I help you?"
Me: (thinking to myself)"I doubt it but Ill give ya a chance"

I was just in dicks sporting goods/ field & stream. They had a powder funnel on sale for $3.99. I went to the counter with it and the girl scanned it and then asked me what my birthday was, I told her. I asked why she needed my birth date to buy a $4 plastic funnel? She said I don't know , what's this used for? I said reloading. She said "that's why". Anyway. I just chuckled. Heads up guys, you got to show proof of age to buy cheap plastic funnels at Dicks sporting goods, LOL.
don't shop at dick's period

You may blame the U.S. Department of Education for most of the attitudes. Our youth have been inculcated with leftist doctrine beginning in the 1960s. They've been taught little or no U.S. or World history and no geography. What history remains in our schools is revisionist and/or focuses on casting the U.S. in a derogatory light. Mea culpa, mea culpa has replaced our national anthem as a mantra.

BTW; I love the .308 and own two.
Leftist don't abide by the law to get their agendas accomplished but they do use, change & manipulate the law to invent guiltiness for those who oppose them. They portray peace and love to all but in reality they are constantly spreading hate , discontent and try to bring division to further their own political power.

I was just in dicks sporting goods/ field & stream. They had a powder funnel on sale for $3.99. I went to the counter with it and the girl scanned it and then asked me what my birthday was, I told her. I asked why she needed my birth date to buy a $4 plastic funnel? She said I don't know , what's this used for? I said reloading. She said "that's why". Anyway. I just chuckled. Heads up guys, you got to show proof of age to buy cheap plastic funnels at Dicks sporting goods, LOL.
You Know What I want to say about "DICKS"? "F" dicks! LOL

While I will use the box stores, I like to support the local specialty businesses when I can. Found out along time ago I'm not interested in the same things as EVERYONE else. And when I want/need something specific, that business will have it or get it quickly.
Support your Local "Gun" Shop. If not, the Shop (local) then you'll only have "DICK'S". Or the likes of Dicks! Again, "F" dicks!

I'd say support your local gun shop, if they are worth supporting..
My wife caught me browsing new guns at our local Cabelas.. Saw me looking at a new S&W Custom Shop 1911.. $1399.99 at Cabelas.. I didn't buy it, kept shopping, ended up buying a nice Marlin 1895 Cowboy 45-70.. Mentioned the 1911 on way home.. Figured that was the end of it.. Didn't think anything else about it. About 3 weeks later wife handed me a box.. It was the 1911.. Or I thought it was.. Stopped in at my local gun store a couple weeks later.. (I have yet to be able to buy a new gun here..), owner asks me how I like the new 1911.. .. I wondered how he knew about it.. Got home, and dreadingly asked wife if she got the 1911 at said store, or had driven up to Cabelas and gottn it.. She had gotten it from local store.. $2199+ tax and $25 x-fer fee..
Kinda hard to support a $700+ price hike..

Not just Dicks. I went to local UPS store to return a stock to company. They refused. USPS gladly helped. Are we in Albania?

I don't shop at Dicks or WalMart for their gun and ammo stance. I shop local people for everything and if they don't have it I mail order. I usually catch a free shipping from Midway and the likes before I make an order. Kind of hurts these days since everybody is adding sales tax to your order but I understand the reason from the state's side of things.

Not just Dicks. I went to local UPS store to return a stock to company. They refused. USPS gladly helped. Are we in Albania?
It seems numerous companies are going to hell. We live in the country 14 miles from the nearest town, when we receive a UPS delivery you have to wipe the sand and dirt off of the package before bring it in the house. Their trucks don't have any seals on the doors and the dust on gravel roads is seeping into the cargo area. Very unfriendly staff at their store. We use Fed-X whenever we can. It appears the Bolsheviks are in control.