Had a great pleasure today...

Kirby,

As an adult leader in my Troop, Order of the Arrow, the Venture Crew, and a "Scouter", I thank you for your support of scouting. It's people like you in the community that keeps scouting alive and strong for almost 100 years.

Yours in Scouting/Venturing,

Ed

... I believe this is the only way for our sport to survive and grow is to get the ladies more involved.

Great job Kirby, and I think you hit the nail on the head here. we need to get more gals involved as well as guys to keep our sport alive. We all need to take every chance we get and take our friends, neighbors and relatives and our children and their friends out shooting and show them what this sport is all about.

Again, great job!

-MR

Again as others have said, GREAT JOB! I am a Cubmaster and den leader for the local cub scouts and would love to have someone local put out that kind of effort for these kids....it's hard to come by.

Well done.

Way cool, Kirby!
I guarantee those kids were stoked for the rest of the day and they won't soon forget the experience. I wonder if there a 1K merit badge?

That was really nice of you Kirby! I was in the BSA, and got my Eagle scout just barely right before I turned 18.....if memory serves, I put my package in the day before my b-day because it had to be postmarked before your 18th b-day lol:D I sure wish someone would have done this when I was in scouting. I remember going to summer camp and shooting a little 10/22....but for some reason it was only like 50 yards and not 1 mile.....Lets see, you think I could use it as indirect fire with a 10/22 and lob one on target and hit the gong...better yet, would there even be enough energy left to scratch it??? gun)lol

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts