H870 data for the 300RUM?

JustC

I recall a few folks speaking of liking the H870 powder for the large cased overbores,....does anyone here have a load range I might try this weekend?

Thanks

I shoot a 30 HV which is a wildcat from Dave Tooley. Its a 404 necked down to a 30 cal. Similar to a 300 Ultra. I usually shoot 90 gr of H870 with a Sierra 220 hpbt match and 95 grains with a Sierra 200 gr hpbt match. Didnt get a chance to crono them, but the 200 shoots alot faster(they both will put all the shots touching at a 100 yards if I do my part).

Thank You Ronin Rifles. My friend has a 30shv which I beleive he purchased form a member of this board. **** fine shooting rig!

Have load for 165gr. sierra HPBT, shoots sub
min. It is 103gr H870 @ 3155fps (o.a.l. is 3.535). This load wasn't hot in my rifle but precautions should always be taken, drop a few gr and go up! Velocity will probably be greater in your gun, mine is factory savage
with 24" barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.