H4350 substitute

tonechaser88

Anyone being forced to play with different powders that normally would use 4350? Any luck with loads substituting H4350? Noticed Accurate 4350 comes available every now and again , is it similar? I've just always used h4350 because it works well in all cartridges I use.

IMR 4350, Accurate 4350, and H4350 are really close. H4350 temp stability makes it attractive and more popular (no personal experience directly comparing them head to head).

The good news: There has been a large amount of H4350 available the last week or two. Post after post in the classifieds about H4340 online availability recently. It's actually been staying in stock for many hours. Sometimes more than a day+ Before it sells out.

Ramshot Hunter is advertised to be in the same burn range, but it's a spherical powder. I've used it some, not super impressive but it's functional. I scored on an H4350 drop last week.

HUNTER is a double-base, clean burning, high performance propellant that is perfect for elk country cartridges such as the 270 Winchester, 300 WSM and 338 Win Mag. It's the only spherical powder in the popular 4350 burn range making it an ideal powder for a wide range of cartridges. The excellent flow characteristics allow accurate metering and consistent shot-to-shot results. Made in Belgium.

There is a lot (compared to a year ago) H4350 being sold on the web at this time. Even up to 3 months ago I would pay $320 for 8# jugs To My Door (never off of GB) Hodgon web because I didn't know when it would be available again. I said months ago that sometime the market would open up. Well it has. Now you see H4350, H4831SC at many sites for as low as $217.00, but almost $60 extra for Ship/haz/tax, but evens out to around $280-$290 most retailers. Just keep a eye out and wait for the 8# jugs. Now I just wish Hodgon would release more Varget, H1000 and the elusive RETUMBO!