H4350 Located $$$

Also consider that the retailer will have to replenish his supply. It is likely that his cost will increase and he is covering his replacement cost...and not all price gouging is illegal.

Hey guys, I found 2, 8lb. kegs of H4350 sitting on a reloading shelf in a farm supply/equipment sales store. My question is how much is too much for this powder. I bought 8lb. from an online supplier last year for around $210.00. Trouble is that was last year and supply and demand has changed drastically. With the events going on around us, should I just bite the bullet and pay the extra cash ($269.99) which with the tax would be $290.00 or wait until it is available here in the states at a later date. I know this is probably price gouging, but what I know is this is a very desirable powder and quite rare right now. What would you do? It is not the best choice for some of the calibers I reload for but will work with all of them with the right bullet choices. It comes out to $36.25 per lb. with taxes, ouch.
I guess it really depends on how bad you want it. I recently paid $39.99 a pound, plus tax, for 7 pounds of Retumbo.

Just got my 4lbs of H4350 from Graf & Sons, just over $150 out the door after 9.25% CA ripoff tax and hazmat. Not too bad considering, but would gladly have paid $100 more for twice as much as reported at Midsouth.

Personally, I wouldn't pay that nearly $40/lb premium unless you had to have it. Check the big suppliers every day, and you'll find some at around $25-$30 a lb. base price eventually. I usually check Powder Valley, Grafs, Natchez, Midsouth, and Midway.

Hey guys, I found 2, 8lb. kegs of H4350 sitting on a reloading shelf in a farm supply/equipment sales store. My question is how much is too much for this powder. I bought 8lb. from an online supplier last year for around $210.00. Trouble is that was last year and supply and demand has changed drastically. With the events going on around us, should I just bite the bullet and pay the extra cash ($269.99) which with the tax would be $290.00 or wait until it is available here in the states at a later date. I know this is probably price gouging, but what I know is this is a very desirable powder and quite rare right now. What would you do? It is not the best choice for some of the calibers I reload for but will work with all of them with the right bullet choices. It comes out to $36.25 per lb. with taxes, ouch.
Here in Canada if you can find it, would sell for ~ $50.00+ tx. I'd run and buy all of it. It will be like unicorn dust soon As it is here. I bought 8lbs of StaBall6.5 as a replacement. ( acts very much like superformanc)

Exactly. I live in WV, but I am working on a pipeline job in SouthEast , Ohio, so not really a local business for me anyway. It bothers me a good bit that some organizations will jack up the price just because they can. They make plenty off of the normal prices or they wouldn't sell it for that to begin with.
Just a reminder that mom/pop stores don't buy merchandise at the same price as a Midway or Walmart and stock it for your convenience so their prices have to be higher than the aforementioned companies.
On another note, my local gun store ( now temporarily closed by government as non essenial) carries dozens of powders in 1, 4, and 8 lb containers...prices for 1 lb rifle powder about $30 but I have to factor in about a gallon of California priced gas.

If this was a toilet paper forum, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference from the posts. no different than the carts full of TP at Costco... every couple of years ya'lls arse hair curls up in reaction to some event, and you can't find a round or powder on the shelf. and, here ya go again... pretty entertaining.

Few months ago I was looking for varget and there wasn't any to be found. I use it for 6.5 Creed and 308 . I found IMR 3031 8# jug at midway will use it for 308 . At mid south they had StaBall and shooter world sw4350. Local found a lb of H4350. Hoping that one of the powder's will be a back up or replace varget . Now with this stay at home will be able to start some load development for 6.5 Creed.

Few months ago I was looking for varget and there wasn't any to be found. I use it for 6.5 Creed and 308 . I found IMR 3031 8# jug at midway will use it for 308 . At mid south they had StaBall and shooter world sw4350. Local found a lb of H4350. Hoping that one of the powder's will be a back up or replace varget . Now with this stay at home will be able to start some load development for 6.5 Creed.
I've got pages of load data for the 6.5CM. Send me a PM and I'd be happy to share. Or search my posts as I've posted some data before. Good luck and stay safe.

I have an 8 #er of H-4350 that I have no use for, located in north central Mondamtana...........also have about 4 # of older stuff that came in a plastic bag inside a box, labeled H-4350.....I am into the 8 #er about $200

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.