H1000

Jscrapmetal

I am about to pull the trigger on reloading. I have a 300 Win Mag Sendero. I have read a lot about H1000 powder and cant find any. How do you find and get powder? Who has some? Its hard to buy a press and everything that goes with when you cant get powder. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Its still tough out there, but getting better. gunbot.net is a resource used by some people to find components in stock but its not always 100% accurate. Otherwise, just have to check the online places daily and keep your eye out in local stores. Sometimes the smaller stores/shops have better luck keeping things in stock because they aren't getting hundreds of calls a day like the big places.

Give these guys a call. They had over 10 lbs of h1000 2 weeks ago. They were all one pounders.

HH Gun Shop
1021 S. Washington St.
Bismarck, North Dakota 58504
Phone 701-223-4888
fax 701-751-4179

If you have a few stores close by that carry powder, keep an eye out for them. I have found that cabelas two hours from me has in store quite a few 1 lbs. cans of various powders as well as scheels which is an hour from me. I prefer 8 lb jugs so I just put my email in online sites for a waiting list and wait. My last two took about three months to get.

What would be close to the H1000?

The great thing about reloading is the flexibility to customize a load for a particular rifle. I have 2 .300 Win Mags and used H1000 primarily before; these days I am getting very good results with H4831SC and IMR 7828SSC.

Added: 7828SSC has been more readily available in my LGS.

Last edited:
If you plan on using bullets 180gr to 190gr weight range Reloader 22 would be a excellent powder in the 300 Win Mag

I use H1000 for the 220 Sierra MK and 230 OTM berger

The great thing about reloading is the flexibility to customize a load for a particular rifle. I have 2 .300 Win Mags and used H1000 primarily before; these days I am getting very good results with H4831SC and IMR 7828SSC.

Added: 7828SSC has been more readily available in my LGS.

+1

180-190's do better with the 4831 in most rifles I've loaded for compared to 1000.

1000 usually does better with the heavies from 210's on up

good thing you weren't looking for 1000 this time last year, no one had it. 4831 should be a little more common.

good luck

Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered some 4831sc and 7828ssc today and some primers. I will be getting started soon. I am shooting 185gr classic hunter Bergers now I think I want to stick with them. Anybody have a good place to start?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.