H1000 VS N570 ( 28 nosler)

I had a saami chamber and ran H1000 at 76.5 grains 195 at 2950. Now with my new reamer and barrel brux 26 inch 1;8 I ran h1000 max out at 3050, retumbo maxed out at 3100 but n570 maxed out at 3200. I settled at 82.3 n570 coal 3.745 (lands at 3.765) and with zero pressure am getting 3115 for the 195. Seems as if the N570 is dirty though compared to H1000 and Retumbo. But wow the accuracy and speed with low pressure the N570 just works. I stopped at 3200 but probably could go higher as I did not see any pressure signs.

So I just placed an order for a load development pack from Unknown Munitions out of Idaho and in said pack of 50 rounds one ladder of 25 will be with H1000 and the other 25 will be with N570. I'm curious if people have used both and compared the performance as far as velocity and temperature stability? And just your personal opinions on how they both will perform? I will be testing both out of a custom built 28 nosler with a 26" proof 1in8.24 twist and a dead air sandman ti suppressor on the end pushing the 195 berger eol ( C.O.A.L. of 3.700). I realize this is a reloading forum but due to time constraints( really good rifle deer tag coming up) and the local store not having any of the reloading components I had to go through a custom loading company. Thank you all and happy hunting!
I Have used both N570 and H1000 with great accuracy with both using 195 EOL's, I do get slightly more FPS with the H570 3050, N1000 3025, ADG brass, 215M primers and .015 off the lands

It is! Lol. 3035 with N570, ADG brass, fed215gm primers. I've had great luck with that combo. Good luck w/ your tag
Unknown munitions is loading it with the 215m primer and ADG brass. The n570 is putting up some serious numbers with no pressure signs. If I can find the sweet spot with a load and the buck I saw last weekend makes it to mid October we are in business haha.

Have used both in my 28 Nosler. Custom Lane precision 27 inch barrel. My second 28 Nosler. N570 was the winner for me . Best es and sd Velocity better with N 570 also. It all comes with a price of burning your barrel out fast. Only a hunting gun so I don't care.. I would vote N 570 if you can get it. Works phenomenal in my 300 win also.

Have used both in my 28 Nosler. Custom Lane precision 27 inch barrel. My second 28 Nosler. N570 was the winner for me . Best es and sd Velocity better with N 570 also. It all comes with a price of burning your barrel out fast. Only a hunting gun so I don't care.. I would vote N 570 if you can get it. Works phenomenal in my 300 win also.
How many shots do you think a barrel has in it?

I like N570 but heard it burns real hot.
It's a flame thrower out of my 338 Edge and 338 LM (when I owned it).
I went with Retumbo, mostly for availability and it shot well.
As far as temperature, what's your variation? For example, I developed my load in OR at ~200' elevation, 50°F and 70%RH. Took it to Wyoming, 6200', 95°F and 20%RH. At 500 yards, I was 6" higher than expected.

It's a flame thrower out of my 338 Edge and 338 LM (when I owned it).
I went with Retumbo, mostly for availability and it shot well.
As far as temperature, what's your variation? For example, I developed my load in OR at ~200' elevation, 50°F and 70%RH. Took it to Wyoming, 6200', 95°F and 20%RH. At 500 yards, I was 6" higher than expected.
It's mostly going to be around 7500-9000ft at 20-40 degrees.

I'm not going to BS you. if you run it hard probably only 600-800 rounds. If you run it light you might be lucky to get 1200 rounds.. It's a hot rod round and you need to let her buck a little to get her full potential.. Great round for hunting but, not a round I would use for a lot of shooting.. Your going to have to chase the lands every 50 rounds or so.. Love it for hunting.. IT will stack em..

I'm not going to BS you. if you run it hard probably only 600-800 rounds. If you run it light you might be lucky to get 1200 rounds.. It's a hot rod round and you need to let her buck a little to get her full potential.. Great round for hunting but, not a round I would use for a lot of shooting.. Your going to have to chase the lands every 50 rounds or so.. Love it for hunting.. IT will stack em..
It just needs to stack up mule deer and elk for myself and clients who hunt with me.

So I just placed an order for a load development pack from Unknown Munitions out of Idaho and in said pack of 50 rounds one ladder of 25 will be with H1000 and the other 25 will be with N570. I'm curious if people have used both and compared the performance as far as velocity and temperature stability? And just your personal opinions on how they both will perform? I will be testing both out of a custom built 28 nosler with a 26" proof 1in8.24 twist and a dead air sandman ti suppressor on the end pushing the 195 berger eol ( C.O.A.L. of 3.700). I realize this is a reloading forum but due to time constraints( really good rifle deer tag coming up) and the local store not having any of the reloading components I had to go through a custom loading company. Thank you all and happy hunting!
I am watching the topic. It has been interesting about the powder combinations for this cartridge with 195's. I just started to use retumbo and at 80 grains I was running a 195 at 3003fps. I have been interested in temperature sensitivity since I reside at 1000 ft elevation and planning on hunting for elk where I could be at approximately 10,000ft. From the numbers that I ran if correct a 195 at 3000 FPS still carries lots of energy compared to most calibers. I am thinking that I may be content with retumbo due to temperature stability, possibly a little more barrel life where I can shoot a couple more rounds to understand the capabilities and limits of the cartridge and it seems to shoot it well. Just my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts