H1000 VS N570 ( 28 nosler)

dave_halsey

So I just placed an order for a load development pack from Unknown Munitions out of Idaho and in said pack of 50 rounds one ladder of 25 will be with H1000 and the other 25 will be with N570. I'm curious if people have used both and compared the performance as far as velocity and temperature stability? And just your personal opinions on how they both will perform? I will be testing both out of a custom built 28 nosler with a 26" proof 1in8.24 twist and a dead air sandman ti suppressor on the end pushing the 195 berger eol ( C.O.A.L. of 3.700). I realize this is a reloading forum but due to time constraints( really good rifle deer tag coming up) and the local store not having any of the reloading components I had to go through a custom loading company. Thank you all and happy hunting!

N570 and h1000 share a pretty similar burn rate. We've had awesome results with both, but N570 seems to push the heavys faster with less pressure. Ive also read that n570 is better for temp stability.
Currently using the 570 in a 7mm stw with the 195s.

Does the n570 help a lot with the barrel life? It's going to be a hunting rifle so I wouldn't guess more than 25 shots a year max ( after I settle on a load).

N570 will run 3100-3150 in the 26" cf proofs with the 195s. Low ES, Pretty temp stable, just wish it would meter through the A&D.

CA48 you are right it does not come out of a powder dispenser very well. My Redding would not even dispense a half a charge. I ennded up using a Lee powder scoop. At least it went through the powder trickler ok.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.