H1000, retumbo, N570, rl 26, magnum powders

Vol1975

Anybody know why there seems to be a lack of these powders. Like to start this thread to inform members If they know a location of hard to find powders such as these. My fall back magnum powder has been reloader 23 but it seems to also be getting hard to find. Anyway my backorders has been placed. When I asked about h1000 they told me they didn't expect a shipment for a while.
Cheers

I guess you could say it all has to do with supply and demand. The supply is low because the demand is high. With all the political wildness that has been going on for about 11 years the ammo factories have been running full bore and can't keep up with demand. I guess the powder makers are providing a good deal of what they make to these factories and then there are handloaders like us that store up and shoot up a bunch. I would not be far off to make the statement that many of us, me included, have more powder etc. than we will ever use in our lifetime stored up.

Takes a little work and patience, but been able to find RL26 several times over the past year, and able to help friends find it also. H1000 about the same. I keep a search on Reloading Unlimited, Powder Valley and my local gunshop, and Scheels. It's tough to find, but not impossible.

Anybody know why there seems to be a lack of these powders. Like to start this thread to inform members If they know a location of hard to find powders such as these. My fall back magnum powder has been reloader 23 but it seems to also be getting hard to find. Anyway my backorders has been placed. When I asked about h1000 they told me they didn't expect a shipment for a while.
Cheers
They are using it to make super accurate premium factory ammo :)

Seems to me they make them in lots and only a few time's a year. so buy what you think you will use for the year when its available.

The main distributor in n.idaho here told me ther retumbo is being snagged up by the military s contract. The said dont hold my breath for it. If thats the case the others like h1000 will be in higher demand unfortunately. Personally.... Ive never seen r26 so I dont believe it exists.

Midway USA has N565, very close to R26.
Never tried 565
Some 20 years ago I tried I believe it was 150 with ok results but if I recall it was a little dirty. But that was along time ago.

thanks though. I will keep that in mind.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.