H1000 for 7mmRM?

bkondeff

New toy on the way. I have:

Retumbo, H4831, and just enough H1000 for about 15rd's.

R19, R22, R33

IMR 4831 and IMR 7828

I have at min a few lbs of each except the H1000 and a local shop had 2 bottles on the shelf, at very high prices, so should I grab for my new toy?

PS Anyone have any 180 Hybrids? :D

I'm having great success with H-1000 in my Sendero 7mm Rem Mag. I'm using 66 grains, CCI BR2 primers, Berger 168 VLDs with Hornady brass- .410" 5-shot group

I'm having great success with H-1000 in my Sendero 7mm Rem Mag. I'm using 66 grains, CCI BR2 primers, Berger 168 VLDs with Hornady brass- .410" 5-shot group

I'm curious to your cartridge overall length, or do you run the berger up to the lands?? By the way i use H-1000 in my sendero as well, it responds very well with it.

I have a sendero in 7mm rem mag on the way and was wondering how this powder performs for this cartridge.

I have

RL25
IMR 7828 and 4831
so was wonding if this would be good to add if I can find it somewhere.

Will be loading
168 vld
150 Scirrocos
140 ttsx

Thought so. Had a 7STW that liked it previously. I have had more success with 168's and Retumbo.

I have had the most luck with 4831(H&IMR) with 140-160 a accubonds and TSX.

Thought so. Had a 7STW that liked it previously. I have had more success with 168's and Retumbo.

I have had the most luck with 4831(H&IMR) with 140-160 a accubonds and TSX.

I have heard others say retumbo is great so may pick up that one also. Now just to find some.

thanks

Brian

My standard 7RM Sendero load Is 70.7 grains of H1000, CCI 250 with a 168 vld in Hornady or Win brass seated to .070 off the lands. This load produces 3000-3025 fps with low ES.

Thats a good start. Best of luck

Thanks for the info.

It's not exactly a starting place for me. I've gone through three load development/shooting iterations testing seating depths, according to Berger's article, "Getting the best precision and accuracy from VLD bullets in your rifle", varying powder amounts, and different primers.

what does this mean? Well, I used about 100 bullets, a pound of powder, and a hundred primers.

This is more of a finishing point for me...Just thought I would clarify :)

It's not exactly a starting place for me. I've gone through three load development/shooting iterations testing seating depths, according to Berger's article, "Getting the best precision and accuracy from VLD bullets in your rifle", varying powder amounts, and different primers.

what does this mean? Well, I used about 100 bullets, a pound of powder, and a hundred primers.

This is more of a finishing point for me...Just thought I would clarify :)

ok gotcha. Just figured you could get pretty close if not 3100 fps and you were at 2800 fps. Thats all. But I know where you are coming from.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.