• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

H1000 and Others on Hodgdon website

Hodgdon has said "military contracts began specifying Hodgdon powders in the last few years for military ammunition, impacting our supply" and "Hodgdon does sell powder to ammunition manufacturing companies". Plus, "we have a significant backlog in demand" and "Dealer shelves are empty because powder is purchased as soon as it arrives at the dealer's stores". Alliant has made similar statements. This has all been going on for at least one year. When will it end, I would guess may be 6 months or at least another year. Gun manufacturers can't sell guns if there is no ammo to buy, so they have to be frustrated too. May be I will go back to archery.

Hodgdon has said "military contracts began specifying Hodgdon powders in the last few years for military ammunition, impacting our supply" and "Hodgdon does sell powder to ammunition manufacturing companies". Plus, "we have a significant backlog in demand" and "Dealer shelves are empty because powder is purchased as soon as it arrives at the dealer's stores". Alliant has made similar statements. This has all been going on for at least one year. When will it end, I would guess may be 6 months or at least another year. Gun manufacturers can't sell guns if there is no ammo to buy, so they have to be frustrated too. May be I will go back to archery.
This is par for the course..happens every few years so just plan for it next time.