• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED H-S Precision Stock Problem

preacherman

Anyone have service or product issues with "H-S Precision"?

I have a sendero, like new, with a slightly warped buttstock. When I called "customer service", to see if there's a guarantee against warpage, the guy told me to buy a new stock and that somebody probably laid it in their car window all day, in the hot sun. Good thing we don't hunt in the hot sun!

Now I remember why I go to McMillan first.

Thanks for listening, Larry

Larry,
I have had breakage problems with a couple of my H-S stocks, but they always made it right. I would try to get a hold of another customer service person or someone higher up.

Thanks Ernie...

I think you're right, I just got the wrong guy at the wrong time on the phone.

My stock is not really warped, it's just slightly "not straight" in the butt area. It appears to have been made that way.

Do you have the name of good contact at H-S, by any chance?

Thanks again, Larry

Larry,
The man I used to work with is no longer there now, so I do not know who to direct you to.
E

Anyone have service or product issues with "H-S Precision"?

I have a sendero, like new, with a slightly warped buttstock. When I called "customer service", to see if there's a guarantee against warpage, the guy told me to buy a new stock and that somebody probably laid it in their car window all day, in the hot sun. Good thing we don't hunt in the hot sun!

Now I remember why I go to McMillan first.

Thanks for listening, Larry

Couple of questions:
You say it's "like new", what does that mean? How long have you owned the gun? Are you the original owner? How did it get warped?

I recently acquired the gun used, from a friend.

I'm pretty sure he never fired it, but more importantly, there is not a scratch or any sign of abuse or damage anywhere on the stock or gun. It's perfect in that sense.

It's really not warped, it just cants slightly to the right, from the pistol grip to the butt pad. To me, it almost certainly would've been made this way. Hope that makes sense.

I'm going to contact h-s precision again, hopefully talking to someone other than "Ed", next time.

I don't believe my experience is typical of h-s precision, and that someone there could address this for me in a more professional manner.

Thank you for your help. Larry

You bought it used? I don't mean to nitpick but, what other merchant do you know that would be willing to do something about a secondhand item? Also, you say that it's never been abused or anything, but how is the person at HS supposed to know that?

I'm just sayin'

You're right, of course. I was only inquiring as to whether there was a manufacturer's warranty covering this sort of thing, and if not, then so be it.

Not to belabor the point, but there are companies who warranty their products for life, no matter the owner, such as Leupold, for example.

Every company is free to have whatever service policy they choose, and we're free to choose whom we purchase from. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I will continue to use their products, whenever it's practical. I have several of these stocks and I'm happy with every one of them, except this one.

Thank you again for your input. Larry

Couple of questions?
Is the stock an aftermarket replacement?
was it stocked by a manufacturer?
Give Josh a call at HS tell him what you have found and see what he can tell you.
hshunter

H+s stocks have a slight cant on the senderos. Mine is the same and not warped.lightbulb

Some but not many Composite stocks have built-in cast off. They are made that way in order for your eye to quickley aline with the scope reticule. When a composite stock warps its usually always in the forend barrel channel not in the butt area.

turns out the stock was actually cracked at the pistol grip... either from recoil or maybe being dropped etc?

H-S Precision agreed to fix or replace the stock... much appreciation to H-S...

thanks, larry