GWT 338 lapua Brass " Go West Trading"

JimmyCP

Anyone else testing this Brass. I have 8 reloads through 20 pieces and 50 fire formed.
Found everything was spot on when delivered. Neck thickness was consistent and all sized to .003.

For $1.20 a piece so far I'm very happy with it. Just wondering if anyone has found any problems with it?

Attachments

• 20181001_155411.jpg
    20181001_155411.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 274
Any updates on this? I've seen one or two glowing reports on these but other than that it is barely even mentioned anywhere else. Thinking about picking up a few hundred pieces

We been using it alot. My son has 9 reloads through a set of 40. I just started building loads for a new lapua and I like the brass.

Barnes bullets had an article on it against lupua brass. Worth reading. We're happy with the 300 we
Any updates on this? I've seen one or two glowing reports on these but other than that it is barely even mentioned anywhere else. Thinking about picking up a few hundred pieces

I think i may have missed the boat. They haven't answered my email from their site, no posts on their facebook in 6 months on either their gwt acct or the new name they announced they would be switching to.

Or suck it up and pay full price from retailers

I went to their store "ammunitionstore.com" and scored some of that 338 LM brass. No problems.
That is where I got mine also but I wasn't aware they were one in the same I thought that was just a retailer. The original Company name was something like go west trading and while trying to get a hold of them I saw it listed that they change their name to something like five 0 Joe Or something like that then there was only an email address that I got no response from from either of those. I haven't got to shoot any of the brass yet but I wasn't really impressed with packaging or looks. One of the reviews I saw mentioned it was on par with some of the top match brass like Lapua So I was a bit surprised when it showed up loosely thrown in cardboard boxes with probably 30% having bent case mouths And all being dull looking and covered in scratch marks. When looking at the details like the annealing and the primer pockets it was obvious it was new brass But to me when I first opened the box what I Saw reminded me a lot more of what I would expect to see when buying processed once fired brass rather than the experiences I've had with buying lapua, Nosler or even hornady match brass.

it may very well be great brass I have no clue like I said I haven't gotten to shoot any of it yet but going off of looks alone I kind of wish I would have went with ABM or even bought more lapua. If I think about it I'll report back after I actually shoot some of it but so far all I did was run it all through a size die To fix the mouths before needing to put it aside to load some more 300 wm Hopefully looks like deceiving and it is awesome because if the review i read was correct And I get even near the case life he reported my barrel will be toast before this brass is

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.