gusting arournt 20 knots animal at 300 meters

soundwaves

early this morning. took a shot at an animal from 300 meters and knocked him down on the spot. in the afternoon the wind was gusting around 20 knots, took a nother shot at an animal from about 320 meters and missed miserebly the animal gave another oportunety at around the saim distance and l missed again. l was shooting at around 35 degrese of angle and the wind blowing that strong. l first was gonna blame the gun, because when the gun went off the crosshair was on target so l thought it cant be my fault and hope it wasnt the gun :D but l made a BİG mistake for not compansateing for the wind much ( l held 5 inches right of the shoulder ) ( wind blowing from right to left and animal faceing left ) my buddy said he saw blood on the animals neck so must have just nicked him :/ so l think l learnt my lesson today. stop hunting in gale force winds. and go windsurfing instead. right ?

early this morning. took a shot at an animal from 300 meters and knocked him down on the spot. in the afternoon the wind was gusting around 20 knots, took a nother shot at an animal from about 320 meters and missed miserebly the animal gave another oportunety at around the saim distance and l missed again. l was shooting at around 35 degrese of angle and the wind blowing that strong. l first was gonna blame the gun, because when the gun went off the crosshair was on target so l thought it cant be my fault and hope it wasnt the gun :D but l made a BİG mistake for not compansateing for the wind much ( l held 5 inches right of the shoulder ) ( wind blowing from right to left and animal faceing left ) my buddy said he saw blood on the animals neck so must have just nicked him :/ so l think l learnt my lesson today. stop hunting in gale force winds. and go windsurfing instead. right ?
We all get humbled at some point by the wind my friend.

You need to download a ballistic app for your phone or on a dedicated device so you can dope the wind correctly. If that was a full value wind crossing at 90 deg you were likely off by over a foot.

l do alot of sailing and winsurfing so always refer to wind speed in the corect mesurement ( knots :D ) so 20 knots is around 23 mph

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.