Gunwerks suppressor

Yotebuster

Was wondering if anybody is running the 6 or 8 inch suppressor that Gunwerks is building now. Like what I see they claim very minimal if any point of impact change with or without the suppressor just curious if anybody has some first-hand experience

They are a little heavy but they are a good can. Good noise reduction and minimal POI change. Have one on a 300 win and have tried it on a 6.5saum. I do like my Silencerco Harvester better. Lighter and about the same suppression.

Thanks for the info not sure what direction I'm going to go but have you shot the two side-by-side noticed any accuracy difference they say the gunwerks model is more designed for modern day magnum calibers like to have one for 300 ultra mag and below

I ran it on a carbon barreled 300 win and a 6.5 SAUM and neither one liked the Gunwerks can, they both liked the Harvester. Gunwerks took both rifles to 3" groups at 100, and the Harvester shoots them at under .5moa. That being said, I did load development for both using the Harvester, and the Gunwerks can printed about 1" low but a big group. I have not shot the Gunwerks can on a steel barrel yet, but I will try this weekend. Gunwerks does make a nice can and I know people that love them, but they are all shooting steel barrels. I don't know if being heavier has an effect on the carbon barrels, but mine don't like it.

I'll have to report back in 10-12 months- waiting on my 8ight at the moment. My brother works for Gunwerks and was really impressed with their suppressors. Can't wait to try it out for myself.

Thanks for the info not sure what direction I'm going to go but have you shot the two side-by-side noticed any accuracy difference they say the gunwerks model is more designed for modern day magnum calibers like to have one for 300 ultra mag and below
So I put the Gunwerks can on a factory Christensen Arms Ridgeline 6.5 PRC and with factory Hornady 143 ELD-X ammo and handloads, it is a one hole shooter. I am impressed.
Wyatt

So I put the Gunwerks can on a factory Christensen Arms Ridgeline 6.5 PRC and with factory Hornady 143 ELD-X ammo and handloads, it is a one hole shooter. I am impressed.
Wyatt
Can you describe the suppression performance on you PRC? As in what does it feel like in hunting conditions - i.e. open air shooting?

Felt recoil for the Gunwerks 8ight was about the same as shooting with the factory brake (minimal), and sound suppression was very good. I was able to shoot multiple shots without hearing protection. Since my last post 2 years ago I have purchased a Gunwerks 6ix as well, and it has preformed great also. A little more noise and felt recoil, but a smaller can.
Did I answer your question?
Wyatt

Felt recoil for the Gunwerks 8ight was about the same as shooting with the factory brake (minimal), and sound suppression was very good. I was able to shoot multiple shots without hearing protection. Since my last post 2 years ago I have purchased a Gunwerks 6ix as well, and it has preformed great also. A little more noise and felt recoil, but a smaller can.
Did I answer your question?
Wyatt
Yep, that's great. Trying to make a decision myself. Familiar with the Silencerco Omega 300 so that's the only reference I have. Looking at Banish 30 Gold, CGS Hekate DT, AB Raptor, and Thunderbeast Ultra along with the GW 8ight. Tough to decide. Wish I could go somwhere with my rifle and try them all. :)

Well if you lived a little closer, I would let you try out all the ones I have and hopefully help you with your decision. That is the hardest thing about buying a suppressor, not knowing if your going to like it before spending all that money for one. You can't go wrong with The TBAC, Silencerco Omega, AB, or the 8ight IMO. AB makes a great suppressor, and with the reflex design, the sound reduction is fantastic. TBAC is probably the top dog in your list, but that is just me. Good luck.
Wyatt