Gunwerks stocks....? Who’s running a clymr or magnus

I'm building a switch barrel rifle on a bighorn origin and I'd love to have both a magnus and a clymr for different applications and different calibers. I will probably go with a magnus first and clymr down the road when $ and the wife allows haha. Also gunna grab one of there tripods

What's the weight on it? And what camo is that? Looks great. Also what was the lead time like?

That was an sr3 short action with magnus stock, prood sendero 20" 260AI and gunwerks bottom metal. Without scope i wanna say it was around 8 ish.

The camo is the factory sponge option from gunwerks.

Lead time on the stock was like 9 weeks. But that was a year ago or so. So idk what its like now.

I have one of each. For a target gun go with the Magnus. For a hunting gun the Clymr is lighter.
What Roninco says. I have two of the Magnus stocks - one is actually the older version on a 7LRM which I think might be made by McMillen. Just got new one for a 7 Allen Mag build by Kirby Allen (APS Rifles). They seem like solid stocks and they offer nice color patterns. I too like the recessed pic rail on the front. That was the main reason I went with it over others... The Clymr is really nice for a mountain rifle for sure... Was happy with customer service etc. Good luck.

I have the clymr and I love it. The recessed picattany for bipod is a great feature. The flush completely flat bottom metal makes a very smooth snag free bottom. The grip is narrow, but I like that. It also seems to do a great job managing recoil.

I received my Clymr stock last week and finally had time to get it put together. The quality of the stock is absolutely fantastic. Very well put together and extremely comfortable. I ordered it for a TL3 with proof sendero barrel and Hawkins M5 bottom metal. That inlet for the action and barrel were perfect, but the bottom metal was a little off. It took a little fitting but I got it squared away and am very impressed with the stock overall. The aluminum bedding block is nice and makes for a very stiff interface with the action.

The stock weighed right at 2 pounds. Remember that it does have an aluminum bedding block which adds a bit of weight. The fully assembled gun with empty 3 round Hawkins flush fit mag and muzzle brake is 7 lb 5 oz. The pic below is with a ZCO scope, which puts it a little over 10 pounds. I'll swap the optic to a Mark 5 3.6-18 for hunting, so overall weight with that scope should be in the 9 pound range.

Attachments

• 63D15B8F-FC07-4430-B292-70003E3066CA.jpeg
    63D15B8F-FC07-4430-B292-70003E3066CA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 332
I received my Clymr stock last week and finally had time to get it put together. The quality of the stock is absolutely fantastic. Very well put together and extremely comfortable. I ordered it for a TL3 with proof sendero barrel and Hawkins M5 bottom metal. That inlet for the action and barrel were perfect, but the bottom metal was a little off. It took a little fitting but I got it squared away and am very impressed with the stock overall. The aluminum bedding block is nice and makes for a very stiff interface with the action.

The stock weighed right at 2 pounds. Remember that it does have an aluminum bedding block which adds a bit of weight. The fully assembled gun with empty 3 round Hawkins flush fit mag and muzzle brake is 7 lb 5 oz. The pic below is with a ZCO scope, which puts it a little over 10 pounds. I'll swap the optic to a Mark 5 3.6-18 for hunting, so overall weight with that scope should be in the 9 pound range.
How long did it take to receive? Looks great!

Looks great!

Here's some pics of the 7 Allen Mag that was just built for me by Kirby Allen from Allen Precision Shooting. (fiftydriver) Built on a Gunwerks Magnus stock and a 26" Bartlein carbon in the new harder proprietary stainless. Pushing 195 EOL's to 3,300 and the 150 Badlands Bulldozer 2's to nearly 3,700. Very happy so far...

Attachments

• 7 Allen Mag - Stalker 2.jpeg
    7 Allen Mag - Stalker 2.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 375
  • 7 Allen Mag - Stalker 3.jpeg
    7 Allen Mag - Stalker 3.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 7 Allen Mag - Stalker.jpeg
    7 Allen Mag - Stalker.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 381