Gunwerks stocks....? Who’s running a clymr or magnus

CrowsFoot

Just wanting to get some feedback from those running them. Will probably order one of the two next week unless someone scares me off of them I have just never had a chance to handle one but want to give them a try.

I used a magnus stock a year or so back. Really comfy, great customer service, and fit my sr3 without issues. I would say the only thing i regretted was the weight. The Magnus has an adjustable LOP and cant on the butt pad. Fit and finish was top notch and its stiff which is important in such a light stock. The cheek piece from factory also wasnt very comfy on its own. It felt "narrow and sharp". Not sure if the price is justified over other brands though.

But for an upcoming build i went with an all terra carbon stock. It has a monte carlo style cheek so its pretty darn comfy (only been testing it at home, gonna get sent to ts customs with my LP 338 fuzion soon). Also its rigid as heck, the palm swell fits my hand well and the grip is textured for rain or other wet conditions. The LOP is fixed to save weight. Mine weighs like 26-27 oz for a long action inletted for standard rem 700 and 2 sling studs in front with medium recoil pad and 13" LOP.

Ill have a better write up once rifle is complete for you brotha

I own and have used about everything out there and I think the Clymer and the Magnus are about as good as it gets. As stated above, the Magnus is a little heavier but works well for heavier magnum calibers. My 6.5 PRC Clymer is approximately 6lb 4oz and my 7mm Rem Mag Magnus is a hair over 9, both without optics.

I have a magnus, and have shot the clymr as well. They're both great stocks, but I like the magnus a little better. If I remember correctly, the magnus should have (or will soon have) an adjustable cheek piece as an option.

I put a clymr on my Dad's rifle, it comes around 6.5 pounds with a Carbon 6 barrel and a defiance action. I don't have a ton of time behind it but it is a comfortable stock.

I have a Clymr stock on order for my Bighorn TL3. Ordered it about 3 months ago, so I
it should be very close to shipping.

I own and have used about everything out there and I think the Clymer and the Magnus are about as good as it gets. As stated above, the Magnus is a little heavier but works well for heavier magnum calibers. My 6.5 PRC Clymer is approximately 6lb 4oz and my 7mm Rem Mag Magnus is a hair over 9, both without optics.
How do you feel about them outside of prone shooting

My main concern at this point is although I do a fair amount of prone I also shoot a lot from various other position....sticks, kneeling, sitting, an occasional off hand. I was dead set on a Mcs T for a long time as versatile all around but these have caught my eye.

Like mentioned above. The only things that bothered me were the cheek piece feeling and the slight heavier weight than i expected, whicj is prob 100% my fault. Super comfortable shooting off tripod off slopes like this (after adding triad stock pac).

I guess the only other gripe id add is the grip. Its a touch narrow. I guess the best comparison is to me IMO the manners t6a i have is the "thickest", my mcmillan a5 is perfect. The all terra is slightly below the mcmillan inthickness and the gunwerks is def the thinnest. The angle is comfortable though and thumb shelf is nice.

Attachments

• 20200201_142349.jpg
    20200201_142349.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 484
Like mentioned above. The only things that bothered me were the cheek piece feeling and the slight heavier weight than i expected, whicj is prob 100% my fault. Super comfortable shooting off tripod off slopes like this (after adding triad stock pac).

I guess the only other gripe id add is the grip. Its a touch narrow. I guess the best comparison is to me IMO the manners t6a i have is the "thickest", my mcmillan a5 is perfect. The all terra is slightly below the mcmillan inthickness and the gunwerks is def the thinnest. The angle is comfortable though and thumb shelf is nice.
What's the weight on it? And what camo is that? Looks great. Also what was the lead time like?

Great looking stock!
I bought a Magnus for a sr3 from here
Bighorn is sending the action to benchmark to chamber all the barrels I ordered for it.
This rifle is going to see a lot of the world in the next 12 months
Pretty excited to get it and dial it in

Well I just got shipping notification on mine. Right at 3 months from order date. I'll give an update when I receive it with initial impressions. I've had a slew of different McMillan and manners stocks, and went with the Clymr mainly because of the negative comb. It seemed like the perfect setup in a hunting stock to me. Anyway, I'll post an update in a week or so.