Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder Review

I have used the G7 on coyotes in brush out to 1404 yards and found that as long as you have it set to read right it has always worked great for me..

In low light, after pushing the fire button, does anyone else have an issue with the whole display lighting up blocking the target and the crosshairs?

In low light, after pushing the fire button, does anyone else have an issue with the whole display lighting up blocking the target and the crosshairs?

I haven't really used it in low light yet, but you haven't by chance adjusted the brightness to the lowest level and tried it yet have you? That's about the only thing I know to try.

Once the controls are mastered it's fast and east to adjust the brightness to match the lighting. The only watch out is to make sure if the lowest brightness was used in low light, don't wait until it's very light outside and to reset to a brighter setting. The menu will be unreadable in the bright light because the lowest brightness washes out. You don't want this to happen when you encounter game.

I realize this is an older thread... it is however one of the first ones Google brings up when searching.

I read through almost all of these 38 pages trying to figure out if indeed Gunwerks sells a version of the G7 BR2 that can output in milliradians.

I'm only updating this thread because I could not find the answer in here and other people may find this older thread on Google also.

YES - The G7 BR2 does support milliradians now. Link to the newer version. Hope this helps!

G7 BR2 Rangefinder - BUY HERE -

As a firm believer that "You're only as good as your gear" I can attest to the fact that the Gunwerks G7 BR2 is only as effective (accurate) as the scope you're applying the corrections to...

For me, I had a Kahles K624i with the MOAK reticle mounted on a Cooper Model 56 Excalibur .300 win mag rifle during the 2015 season. After sighting-in at "sea level" on Long Island, NY I was a bit sceptical of the technology that I read SO MUCH about when I headed out west to higher elevations. However, after checking my zero at various ranges upon arrival & ultimately harvesting a deer at long range, I can confidently say that the G7 BR2 is very effective when combined with the right optic!

I live out west and do plenty of long range shooting. I have taken my G7 to the range, to the mountain and all over various elevations and temp / station psi changes. If you have accurate data to input into the G7 you will be very amazed in the performance this has to offer. The biggest issue with the G7 is the owner or user not knowing how to fully operate the unit. Once you have a handle on how everything works it is the only way to go while hunting. I used to pack weather stations and ballistics calculators. For hunting elk it is a huge inconvenience not to mention battery life if out in the wilderness. Once your batteries are gone on your ballistics solutions stick your thumb in the wind and do your best. No seriously with the G7 you can stare and compare cool tech devices but the bottom line is the G7 will get you into an elk without all the extra gadgets.gun)

I live out west and do plenty of long range shooting. I have taken my G7 to the range, to the mountain and all over various elevations and temp / station psi changes. If you have accurate data to input into the G7 you will be very amazed in the performance this has to offer. The biggest issue with the G7 is the owner or user not knowing how to fully operate the unit. Once you have a handle on how everything works it is the only way to go while hunting. I used to pack weather stations and ballistics calculators. For hunting elk it is a huge inconvenience not to mention battery life if out in the wilderness. Once your batteries are gone on your ballistics solutions stick your thumb in the wind and do your best. No seriously with the G7 you can stare and compare cool tech devices but the bottom line is the G7 will get you into an elk without all the extra gadgets.gun)

One interesting note on the "New G7". I used the original G7 for four very successful years before upgrading to the new G7. I addition to the various upgrades that have been well covered in other threads, the battery life of the new unit is vastly improved. This season I have used the unit extensively and am still on the battery supplied with the unit. With the original unit I would have replaced the battery at the very least one time, more likely twice. A very noticeable increase!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.