Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder Review

Aaron, what do you think of a LRH group buy? It would probably entice a few more people to try out the unit.

We did one when we introduced the unit originally. I think that is an appropriate time to offer discounts for a group purchase. We really like to deal direct to consumer. Our products don't have the high margins most optics companies have built in, but we do have dealers that are stocking our product because they understand what it can really do for customers. If I offered a group buy discount, I would not be treating those dealers well. It wouldn't take much of a discount to eliminate any profit margin they would have. I'll think on what we could do to satisfy customers and treat our partners fairly.

We did one when we introduced the unit originally. I think that is an appropriate time to offer discounts for a group purchase. We really like to deal direct to consumer. Our products don't have the high margins most optics companies have built in, but we do have dealers that are stocking our product because they understand what it can really do for customers. If I offered a group buy discount, I would not be treating those dealers well. It wouldn't take much of a discount to eliminate any profit margin they would have. I'll think on what we could do to satisfy customers and treat our partners fairly.

Surely understand. Do you have a listing of your dealers anywhere? I have never had the opportunity to see one of your units personally and would like to see one before I made a decision. Who would be your closest dealer to Billings?

Surely understand. Do you have a listing of your dealers anywhere? I have never had the opportunity to see one of your units personally and would like to see one before I made a decision. Who would be your closest dealer to Billings?

Scheels carries them, Cabelas has some starting to fill the system. We are 2 hrs south, come down!

Aaron, totally understand since Len sells them in his store.

About 3 months ago I told one of the managers at Scheels in Fargo that they should get one in so I could look at it, and a few weeks ago my wish came true. It's always nice to handle something before you buy it. First impressons were positive so I'm excited to try one out.

I have been extremely happy with mine over the last couple of years. Most of my hunting buddies are not into long range shooting and this makes a one man operation a little easier when hunting with someone that does not know much except to help with an extra pair of eyes watching through glass.

I wish you would add more levels of brightness..I cant read mine on a super sunny day ranging on white snow...Leica/ziess had no probs.. Only issue i have had, otherwise i like the unit

...If I offered a group buy discount, I would not be treating those dealers well. It wouldn't take much of a discount to eliminate any profit margin they would have

Profit is profit and there's not much you can do about your margins on a product that is not produced for the masses or produced in mass.

As for treating your dealers respectfully, I manage what amounts to group buys and "ambassador sponsorship programs" for professional working motorcyclists. These products range from high end helmets to lighting systems, shocks, wheels etc.. The way our manufacturers protect their dealers is that the manufacturer takes the order direct but the fulfillment happens on a local or closest dealer level. The dealer has the option of fulfilling from stock and replenishing with an appropriate discount from the mfr or the dealer simply fulfills the order on a drop ship level. The dealer gets a sale and the client gets a deal.

What I do as program administrator is review and approve all orders to make sure the rider has a current association race or officiating license and/or their event resume is authentic.

The rider in turn must agree to "like" the manufacturers FB page if they are on FB and/or place two decals on their bike and submit a photo of their bike with decals to the manufacturer.

We've never had a complaint from dealers when handling it this way.

The question is what is the manufacturer getting in return for the "deal" that gives them reason to lower margins and longer term benefit. For the races our bikes get millions of eyes worldwide on them at the events either live, via TV or other media exposure.

Robert

I'm reviving this thread. Gunwerks: A gen 2 model with user-chosen input on wind holds in 1 mph increments and the ability to switch between moa and mil. Is it undoable?

I'm reviving this thread. Gunwerks: A gen 2 model with user-chosen input on wind holds in 1 mph increments and the ability to switch between moa and mil. Is it undoable?

Those would be great additions. I just ordered my G7 BR2 last Friday from the LRH store. I can't wait to try it out.

Word was floating around awhile back that they were working on G7 type range finding binoculars....would be interesting.

I got out today to test my new G7 BR2. I tested my 280AI from 200 to 1K with excellent results. So far I really like the rangfinder except for the 5mph wind increments. I would really like to know why they went that route.

I got out today to test my new G7 BR2. I tested my 280AI from 200 to 1K with excellent results. So far I really like the rangfinder except for the 5mph wind increments. I would really like to know why they went that route.

My speculation is that they didn't do 1 mph wind increments is because of how often the wind changes. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice to have that feature, but maybe it would have cost a considerable amount more to make them that way and it the cost wouldn't outweigh the benefit due to the constant changing of the wind? I really have no idea, I'm just speculating.

I guess I'm not sure what all the fuss is about 1 MPH wind adjustments. It's easy enough to toggle between the 5 MPH setting and split the MOA value, given the low values IMO

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.