Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder Review

I was hoping someone could let me know if the G7 uses atmospherics while calculating in MOA mode. Or are they only factored in while using a HBR mode, ie. BDC?
Thank,
Ryan

I'm seriously interested in the G7 BR2, it seems without a doubt to set a very high standard.

My question is can it be transitioned easily for archery use as well and does it lend itself ergonomically for single handed operation?

Anyone with experience with this unit crossing over from rifle to archery? I really don't want to purchase such an expensive unit only to have to buy a second rangefinder just for bow hunting.

Thank you!

Robert

I'm seriously interested in the G7 BR2, it seems without a doubt to set a very high standard.

My question is can it be transitioned easily for archery use as well and does it lend itself ergonomically for single handed operation?

Anyone with experience with this unit crossing over from rifle to archery? I really don't want to purchase such an expensive unit only to have to buy a second rangefinder just for bow hunting.

Thank you!

Robert

Yes I will work very well for archery. It can be operated with one hand and the near/far capability will allow you to range through close brush/branches veiling game that can be encountered frequently when bowhunting. I have been able to range through interfering branches at 5 or 10 yards to get an accurate range on a deer at 20 yards. It's a little bigger than one might prefer, and certainly overkill, but doubling up for a bowhunting RF will be the most capable you will you are likely to ever use.IMO

I used mine last year during archery season. This year I'm going to a much smaller and lighter unit that will fit in a pocket and will be handy to use one-handed. I do a lot of spot and stalk and still hunting with my bow and found the G7 to be a bit cumbersome.

I keep wondering about the G7, from bow hunting to my rifles that I would enjoy a sight in and shoot for hours of enjoyment has changed. After my sugeries I can only muster one shot, then I will be in extreme pain. Then why do it? I need to put food on the table for my boy and I. So, this now means I can't miss, nore only wound our meat for the year. I am now a disabled hunter with a cause, don't want others to hunt for me, but thank those who walked a deer our way. I also hunted with pellet rifle and wrist rocket prior to surgeries. It's my job to feed my boy and I, but now need some help to hunt, the G7 along with a ELR rifle setup by trusted smith might be the ticket?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts