Gunwerks (adg) or Perterson brass

Gobears16

In your guys’ experience what brass would you go with? I’m going to start reloading with a 28nosler and wanted to see what you guys would go with? Thanks for the insight.

Dmagna

I haven’t tried the peterson brass yet but their brass is always awesome. ADG is great too. I use Nosler brass in my two 28 noslers because I don’t want to go through load development again and burn more barrel life out of it.

Bang4theBuck

Use ADG in my 300 WM. It is first rate stuff. Very consistent necks, and case volume. ESs on first loads were crazy low. I recently picked up some 7mm RM gunwerks brass, because I was told that it was actually ADG brass. I believe it to be true, and am getting great performance out of it as well.

Gobears16

ADG it doesnt get any better.
Is Peterson making 28 and 30 Nosler brass? I know there was talk they were going too
its not on their website but I just bought 100pieces from Grafs. I hope it’s as good as the 6cm I have. I was just curious if anybody had used either.

werth338

Use ADG for 300 Win and have had great luck with it. No experience with Peterson products

Patton243

I got Peterson brass in a 6mm Creedmoor and there new 6x47 Lapua. It's on par with Lapua IMO. I will never buy Lapua 6.5x47 brass and neck it down to 6mm again. Cant say much about the other companies, but if Peterson makes the caliber you have I would definitely buy it.

Lompoc

I have 50 case's of Peterson in 6.5 cm case weght is consistent same with volume a little thicker than Hornady I love it as soon as I go through my Hornady that's all I am going to use

Ron Milby

LRH Team Member
I have used Peterson brass for my 6.5 Creedmoor and 300 Norma. The brass is awesome. I rank it above Lapua.

I have ADG brass for my 6.5 PRC, 6.5 and 7 SAUM, and 28 Nosler. It is great brass. I give the slight edge to Peterson on consistency. ADG is real close to Lapua brass.

Capt RB

Peterson is thicker than most and will get to pressure with less powder. Ive used it in 6.5 creed es with 6 over 10 shots w rl26/147 and es of 5 with 5 shots with rl19. I have not shot more than 5 shots and im still playing with seating. I was hoping today but my range is closed

shawn mcjunkin

Hey sorry for the barge in. Op. Side question since you guys are talking brass. Does anyone know who makes brass for HSM ? Also, ADG Is supposed to be putting out more 28 nos brass end of May ( which is probably delayed now ).

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce