• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Gunsmithing tooling

kaseyfied

Looking for tooling/reamers...gauges for smithing.. maybe if someone even has a lathe and mill for sale...let me know

Kasey

Mills are easy to come by, but a decent lathe is going to be a challenge. They have more than doubled in price the 5 or 10 years.

My dad retired earlier this year and sold everything in his machine shop, but you missed that by about 3 months. Unless you looking for an $80k CNC mill lol.

When you find something hit me up, I can send you a ton of lathe inserts and some endmills. All would be used but in very usable shape.i would just ask for shipping, or something in trade depending on your needs!

Not to hi-jack, but I just got a 13x40 lathe and an enco Bridgeport clone. I don't have much for tooling but a few endmills and lathe tools that I've picked up. If you've got anything that'd be good to use to learn on I'd be interested!
Steve

I have a 223 AI creamer and headspace gauges listed in the action and barrel for sale section

When you find something hit me up, I can send you a ton of lathe inserts and some endmills. All would be used but in very usable shape.i would just ask for shipping, or something in trade depending on your needs!

I just ordered a 14x40 grizzly with DRO... now I need another 3000 in tooling lol

Kasey

More like 10,000.00. Just wait. Upgrade your motor to a Baldor and get the TBAS from straight shot gunsmithing. The combination will blow your mind.

Attachments

• IMG_20200324_180954866.jpg
    IMG_20200324_180954866.jpg
    933.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200524_180404606.jpg
    IMG_20200524_180404606.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 43
No thanks.. he isn't going to do big stuff anyways

Kasey
Right thats what I thought too. You will see my buddy warned me about all the tooling and I said the same thing only need stuff to do my own gunwork and ended up spending over 10,000.00 on gun tooling. Buy what you think you need and sell what you don't on ebay. Ebay is a GREAT place for new and used good tools. You want to try and buy name brand as other cheaper brands may get you by but will not give the quality you think you will get. The standard motor for lathe is good but a Baldor will improve your cuts 10 fold.

Have fun with it. I know i have its been a great hobby. I only do my own stuff and believe me when I say you will end up spending more than 3000.00. Also look at the aurthur r warner tooling as it is excellent tooling for stainless.

also rent reamers and gages as needed if you are only going to cut one or 2 barrels. I buy reamers that design customize and then resell if I decide to move on. I have a 28 nosler reamer saami speced if you are interested. I have cut 5 barrels with it then I designed one.

Recent Posts