gunsmith to do custom gun

thomas1234

Hi yall!
Im looking into getting another long range gun but one more geared to long range hunting. The caliber i have in mind is maybe a 300 rum, 338 rum, or a 338 lapua. Im looking for a link to a gunsmith that makes custom guns or possibly one of you that will build it. It needs to be a tack driver with absolutely no shorter than a 26" barrel and preferrably a 28". I know, a little heavy for hunting but oh well. It needs to have a kick *** brake installed on it. For a stock probably a tactical or a mcmillan style. I would like a trigger adjustable to about 1.5 lbs that is top of the line. A bonus would be to have this built off a rem 700 action and have a aic box mag. Im pretty much just looking for a custom gunshop or a web link that could possibly hook me up on this subject and maybe even for around $3k, thanks.

John Whidden at Whidden Gunworks 229-686-1911 has built 5 longrange rifles on Rem 700 magnum actions for me. All have been tack drivers.Calibers I have are .338 EDGE, 300 RUM, and 7STW.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.