Gunsmith references please

dakotagoon

I need help locating a gunsmith in my area that will do a rechamber to 338 lapua for me on a 300 remy mag. I am in the Las Vegas area. I would also like to talk to Mr. Chris Mathews if he sees this re: GA doing some of the work and the cost involved. Any help you guys can give will be very much appreciated.

becarefull of who you choose and ask alot of questions.For the money spent on rifles are alot for what some are getting.

The only two smiths I can recomend from Experiance is Darrel Holland and
Kevin Rayhill , both do great work , Holland is kinda high and he has a pretty long wait but his work is world renound
Kevin Rayhill does great work and has a pretty fast turnaround.
BUT
From what I have been told our own
Chris Mathews is top shelf also.

K&P in Raton, New Mexico also Schneider in Payson,Az #(928) 474-2652. I know Gre-Tan in Kersey, Co. does some pretty nice work #(970)353-6176 also Parry's gunsmithing in Pueblo,Co #(719)566-3020 both of the latter two they shoot the 1000yd matches and think Parry has the longest varmit shot to date somewhere over 2000yds. I'm going to have Parry put together a 284 on a rem 700 action later this year. Dan Dowling over in Grand Junction, Co don't have his # but you can get from Benchrest.com does a pretty nice job. Alot of good gunsmiths around I've only hear good things about Chris Mathews on the net here. Well good luck.

I have used Brad Stair of Performance guns
many times his work is great 801-731-8152
he is in Ogden,Ut. a mere 7 or 8 hour drive
from Vegas or a quick ship UPS

DEFENSIVE EDGE INC.
15670 N RANCH VALLEY RD.
RATHDRUM ID. 83858
1-208-687-5646
HAD A WRITE UP IN OCT 2002 ISSUE OF ACCURATE RIFLE A COPY IS POSTED ON SNIPERS PARADICE ON THE HARD TARGET INTERDICTION RIFLE IN 338 EDGE.

I have had great results on two guns smithed by S1-a 6mm imprived and a .300/.338 lapua----his guns shoot extremely well and the machine work is so good you dont want to shot it... alot like a beautiful wood stock on a shotgun... to pretty to shoot.null

Phonso I am having a 6.5 wsm and a 7mm rum built by S1 seems like he really knows what he is doing. I have seen some of his rifles and they look like they will shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.