Gunsmith recommendations

txsendero

Looking for recommendations for gunsmiths to blueprint a Win Model 70 7WSM action, install barrel, chamber, crown & finish a customer supplied barrel.

I'll second Chad Dixon. He's building a rifle for me now. His customer service is top notch. You won't be disappointed.
Wes

Jeff Walker built me an AWSOME rife, affordable and he builds quick (not backlogged much at all.) Also anyone of the sponsors you cant go bad with either.

+1 for Jim See @ center shot rifles. Coincidentally I have a Winchester model 70 getting blue printed and rebarreled in 7WSM right now with him. I'll let you know in sept how it shoots when I get it!

I sent Jim See my barrel and action and got it back in 6 weeks. Looks great, still have to load some rounds and shoot it.
Tarey

There are a lot of good smiths on this site but I only have first hand knowledge with Jim See as others have mentioned already.

I am currently having a rifle built by Jim See at Center Shot and I am very impressed with the quality of the work I have seen in his shop. He is very knowledgeable, has a wonderful personality, and his service prices are very reasonable.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts