Gunsmith Recommendation

Can anyone recommend an accuracy gunsmith in the Kansas City area?

Robin

First off, Welcome to LRH!

second, I wouldn't limit myself to an area near you for a good gunsmith. I would rather be able to choose exactly who I want. Cost of shipping is not that big of deal when you consider the whole picture.

First off, Welcome to LRH!

second, I wouldn't limit myself to an area near you for a good gunsmith. I would rather be able to choose exactly who I want. Cost of shipping is not that big of deal when you consider the whole picture.

Thanks Ernie,

Usually I'd agree with you and I've shipped firearms all ove the country to be worked on. However - In this case I'm not building an entire rifle - just getting a barrel and safety fitted to a M700 Rem. and I'd kind of like to look the fellow in the eye as we're discussing what is going to be done, how long and for how much.

Regards,

Robin

Last edited:
Thanks Ernie,

Usually I'd agree with you and I've shipped firearms all ove the country to be worked on. However - In this case I'm not building an entire rifle - just getting a barrel and safety fitted to a M700 Rem. and I'd kind of like to look the fellow in the eye as we're discussing what is going to be done, how long a for how much.

Regards,

Robin

+1 on Chris Matthews (Longshot Rifles) I've shipped all over in the past and now choose to ship to Chris.

Don't know if you can look him in the eyes he's at least 6'06":D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.