Gunsmith recommendation in the DFW area.

Grifm

I am looking for recommendations for a good gunsmith in the safe area that has experience with bolt actions, specifically Mauser actions. My father in law is giving us a rifle he bought back in the 70s when he was stationed in Germany.

I don't know much about it and haven't been able to find much on the Internet. It was made by Forest, it is built on a Mauser action (I think M96 because it's a short action), it's chambered in 308 win. Other then when he showed it to me at thanksgiving I don't think it's been touched in 30-40 years. When I get it home I'm going to clean it up but want to have a smith check it out/make sure it's safe to fire. I want someone with experience with similar actions and someone I would trust to do the work/not wreck the rifle.

thanks in advance for any recommendations.

-Matt

I am looking for recommendations for a good gunsmith in the safe area that has experience with bolt actions, specifically Mauser actions. My father in law is giving us a rifle he bought back in the 70s when he was stationed in Germany.

I don't know much about it and haven't been able to find much on the Internet. It was made by Forest, it is built on a Mauser action (I think M96 because it's a short action), it's chambered in 308 win. Other then when he showed it to me at thanksgiving I don't think it's been touched in 30-40 years. When I get it home I'm going to clean it up but want to have a smith check it out/make sure it's safe to fire. I want someone with experience with similar actions and someone I would trust to do the work/not wreck the rifle.

thanks in advance for any recommendations.

-Matt
your location in texas

You asked about the DFW area. They are in Burleson. The mid cities.
They do precision rifle builds so hard to know how much they will know about your gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.