Gunsmith Recommendation for re-barreling Seekins Havak action

cb4128

I picked up a 6.5 prc and am going to rebarrel it to 7mm SAUM. Looking for a good gunsmith with a lot of experience with working with this action - any recommendations?

Really excited about the potential of this cartridge with this Seekins action + mag setup with an COAL capacity of 3.100"

What's so difficult about a havak action that the smith has to be experienced with it? They're a shouldered barrel, and he'll have the action in hand for fitment, not too tough a job. I would NOT go to straight jacket as they were 3 for 3 for problem on rifles for me, from a barreled action, a complete build, and a simple fluted bolt.

There is nothing special about re-barreling a Havak action. Any gunsmith proffering good workmanship can handle this project. Here is an image of the 4-lugs which fit into a breech ring (or plug as they call it) at the front of the action:

1610045824251.png

This is basically a Remington length action (SA or LA) with a constant diameter bolt raceway and lugs. No guide rails or lugways to machine into the action. Drill, ream and hone.

Threads are threads. No big deal. This is all straight forward gunsmith machining.

Enjoy!:)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.