Gunsmith in Vermont

Attachments

• BF1E12BA-2208-4BE8-9FF7-F34C7DC28963.jpeg
    BF1E12BA-2208-4BE8-9FF7-F34C7DC28963.jpeg
    543.3 KB · Views: 125
I've been trying for two years with no luck. I have 900 down on a gun build. I got pictures of it completed and that was the end of it. Haven't been able to get ahold of him since. So that's why I was curious if you had any luck. And just little heads up on your end to I guess.
Curious, will you be attempting to get your money back? Call ATF?

I had Nathan build me a 338-06 back in 2016, and I was really pleased with how it all went, and the rifle shoots extremely well. However, my friend had a completely different experience. It started out good, but then Nathan wouldn't return his calls. My friend began to get worried because he was working on a Wetherby MK V he had sent him. I felt bad for recommending Nathan. I called and emailed Nathan a bunch of times, and he eventually replied to my friend. The rifle looked good in the pics that were sent, however, after receiving the rifle my friend discovered that that it was all messed up. I can't remember all the details but it wasn't good. I do know that another smith had to fix things, and they even had to replace the stock. My friend was super mad and confronted Nathan. He ended up refunding my friend some money, at least enough to cover the cost of the replacement stock. Nathan obviously knew he had screwed up. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth, and I still get crap from the guys in camp for recommended Nathan.

I would call the ATF if Nathan has your money and won't respond.

I have been in contact with atf in ny. Gentleman I talked to was going to contact Vermont to see what he could do for me. But he thinks it's a civil matter. And then isn't much they are going to be able to do. It's unfortunate because I really want the gun, but at this point it would be nice to get my money back.

I use an excellent gunsmith in Springfield, VT. He does get really busy but oh boy does he do fantastic work. MNR Custom, gentleman's name is Matt Roberts.

I know this is an old thread but any info on current good smiths in VT or surrounding areas would be greatly appreciated. I am in West Central VT. Have a 257wby accumark looking to get a 1 in 8 twist barrel on and a Remington 300 ultra that I've been thinking about putting on a diet. New barrel/stock ect.
Thanks for any direction.

Try LaBerge gunsmithing in Charlotte, 802-985-3925
SHHHHHHHHH!!

Very nice gentleman and excellent smith. Is very forthcoming with his health issues which affect timelines. Great communications and my .338 RCM on a 24'' proof lite shoots lights out!!

He is usually at the Essex show in two weeks...

Lou had actually worked on the 300RUM 15years ago for my friend that owned the gun originally. I know he did the trigger and bedded the action not sure what else. Its one of the original stainless synthetic Model 700's. I was under the impression he was no longer doing gunsmithing.
Thanks.