Gunsmith in Vermont

Tbugman

To All,
I live in Arizona, but do most of my hunting back east (for now) in Vermont with my 84 yr old father. As I am getting more involved in the shooting and accuracy game I would like to find a reputable gunsmith in Vermont so we can have our rifles "freshened" up. Does anyone have a recommendation? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.

It is God's country for sure!
Love going back there. Grew up in Vermont but left at age 20, moved to AZ, and have lived there since. 55 now, so AZ has become home. Always love getting back to Vermont for the hunt, although the hunting has gotten really lousy. We have not had much luck for the past 10-15 years. Used to have lots of success, but the deer have gone away, and my Dad being 84 is not interested in searching out new areas. He has hunted in the same general area for over 55 years, and probably won't change.
The trips have become more about spending time in the woods with him, and we both treasure that time.
Gonna give Nathan a call and see what he can do, prices, and timing. Don't need a complete build, just some 'smithing.
Thanks again for the referral. Gun looks sweet, hope it's a shooter for you.

Love going back there. Grew up in Vermont but left at age 20, moved to AZ, and have lived there since. 55 now, so AZ has become home. Always love getting back to Vermont for the hunt, although the hunting has gotten really lousy. We have not had much luck for the past 10-15 years. Used to have lots of success, but the deer have gone away, and my Dad being 84 is not interested in searching out new areas. He has hunted in the same general area for over 55 years, and probably won't change.
The trips have become more about spending time in the woods with him, and we both treasure that time.
Gonna give Nathan a call and see what he can do, prices, and timing. Don't need a complete build, just some 'smithing.
Thanks again for the referral. Gun looks sweet, hope it's a shooter for you.
I'm curious, did you have any luck getting ahold of Nathan Chesney?

I'm curious, did you have any luck getting ahold of Nathan Chesney?
As a matter of fact, no. With COVID, didn't know if things had gone sideways for him. I called twice and emailed twice, no answer, no replies. Maybe he needed to take some family time, never know. I may try again, but the timeframe has shifted, so we'll see. Hope I do get in touch, looks like he does good work.

As a matter of fact, no. With COVID, didn't know if things had gone sideways for him. I called twice and emailed twice, no answer, no replies. Maybe he needed to take some family time, never know. I may try again, but the timeframe has shifted, so we'll see. Hope I do get in touch, looks like he does good work.
I've been trying for two years with no luck. I have 900 down on a gun build. I got pictures of it completed and that was the end of it. Haven't been able to get ahold of him since. So that's why I was curious if you had any luck. And just little heads up on your end to I guess.

I've been trying for two years with no luck. I have 900 down on a gun build. I got pictures of it completed and that was the end of it. Haven't been able to get ahold of him since. So that's why I was curious if you had any luck. And just little heads up on your end to I guess.
I appreciate that, may need to move on. Got referred to another guy in Randolph VT. who is supposed to do good work, so trying to get in touch with him.

I called and emailed him a few years ago and could never get ahold of him. i gave up and went to another builder.

I called and emailed him a few years ago and could never get ahold of him. i gave up and went to another builder.
Same here. Moved on to another guy in Vermont. Came recommended, we'll see. If it turns out good I'll pass on the information, kind of in a wait and see situation right now. Getting some 'smithing done, new trigger (TT) and bedding for my Rem 700 LSS 7mm-08.
Need to pick a good builder out west to put together a custom rig for Elk. Thinking 300 PRC or maybe 30 Sherman or even 338 Sherman Short Mag.