Gunsmith in CO

T.Rep

I am wanting to get the barrel threaded and a side port muzzle brake installed on my Rem700 Sendero. Any suggestions for a smith? Preferably on the I-25 corridor. I work in northern CO and live in southern CO.

Best gunsmiths and quality work I have seen is from Mile High Shooting. they are right off I-25 in Erie. They are more expensive, but the work is second to none.

Kevin Weaver also does good work and he's relatively quick compared to most in the area. Google search Weaver Custom Rifles and his contact information should pop up.

I am wanting to get the barrel threaded and a side port muzzle brake installed on my Rem700 Sendero. Any suggestions for a smith? Preferably on the I-25 corridor. I work in northern CO and live in southern CO.
I've used this guy for one mini-14, one AR, and one bolt gun. Did a great job on all of them and his wait times were not bad at all.

http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/index.php

It's already been suggested, but Kevin Weaver does seem to do good work. He and his wife are also extremely nice people. Very helpful and quick to respond to either phone calls and emails. Good luck

I've had Rich at High Tech Customs do a few small things and been very happy. He is just off of Fillmore/Nevada in Colo Springs. I have had Mark Chanlynn at Rocky Mtn Rifle Works build 2 semi-customs for me using his custom barrels on a Howa and Tikka actions and been extremely happy with both. He does not advertise and has no real online presence that I can find but he is mentioned in a few forums. I've mentioned him a few times here and found this forum when I was doing my research, older but still some good reviews on Mark and his phone number is also listed in one. (https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/932167).

Have you seen the Witt Machine clamp on brakes? I have one on my Remington 700 and it works well for recoil reduction, improved my target groups slightly, and looks good too. You take two measurements with a caliper of your barrel and they custom make one to size that they'll recut if it doesn't fit right. Mine went on with a little help of a rubber mallet about 2 years ago and I use the gun for target shooting every month and it hasn't move one iota. Heartily recommend and it will save you some bucks too.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.