Gunsmith in CO

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by T.Rep, Sep 10, 2018.

1. T.Rep

T.Rep Well-Known Member

I am wanting to get the barrel threaded and a side port muzzle brake installed on my Rem700 Sendero. Any suggestions for a smith? Preferably on the I-25 corridor. I work in northern CO and live in southern CO.

2. GPR23

GPR23 Active Member

Best gunsmiths and quality work I have seen is from Mile High Shooting. they are right off I-25 in Erie. They are more expensive, but the work is second to none.

3. Sykes

Sykes Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I've heard good things about high tech customs in Colorado Springs

slowrunning, mtnman5280 and cohunt like this.
  4. CLP

CLP Well-Known Member

Kevin Weaver also does good work and he's relatively quick compared to most in the area. Google search Weaver Custom Rifles and his contact information should pop up.

5. Laelkhunter

Laelkhunter Well-Known Member

I also suggest you give Rich Reilly at Hi Tech Customs a call 719-667-1090. He rebarreled my .340 Weatherby Mk V and turned it into a shooting machine !! It is beyoootiful !!

slowrunning, mtnman5280 and cohunt like this.
  6. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

I've used this guy for one mini-14, one AR, and one bolt gun. Did a great job on all of them and his wait times were not bad at all.

http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/index.php

7. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

I have as well. They did one for a friend of mine in CO a few years back.

cohunt likes this.
  8. T.Rep

T.Rep Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I will check those places out

9. lgordee

lgordee Well-Known Member

Boomer44 likes this.
  10. MZMpac

MZMpac Member

Bart Miller in Centennial. Master smith.

11. dmj

dmj Well-Known Member

It's already been suggested, but Kevin Weaver does seem to do good work. He and his wife are also extremely nice people. Very helpful and quick to respond to either phone calls and emails. Good luck

12. hrnhntr

hrnhntr Well-Known Member

+1 for Mile High. Great people doing amazing work!

13. jb1023

jb1023 Well-Known Member

I've had Rich at High Tech Customs do a few small things and been very happy. He is just off of Fillmore/Nevada in Colo Springs. I have had Mark Chanlynn at Rocky Mtn Rifle Works build 2 semi-customs for me using his custom barrels on a Howa and Tikka actions and been extremely happy with both. He does not advertise and has no real online presence that I can find but he is mentioned in a few forums. I've mentioned him a few times here and found this forum when I was doing my research, older but still some good reviews on Mark and his phone number is also listed in one. (https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/932167).

14. bkgilbert98

bkgilbert98 New Member

Have you seen the Witt Machine clamp on brakes? I have one on my Remington 700 and it works well for recoil reduction, improved my target groups slightly, and looks good too. You take two measurements with a caliper of your barrel and they custom make one to size that they'll recut if it doesn't fit right. Mine went on with a little help of a rubber mallet about 2 years ago and I use the gun for target shooting every month and it hasn't move one iota. Heartily recommend and it will save you some bucks too.