Gunsmith in Arizona.

swa

Looking for an AZ gunsmith that is reputable. Please any info is much appreciated. If you have had any custom work done please include some pics.
Thanks in advance

Isnt Bob Brackney in AZ. I dont know if he builds anything other than BR guns, but if he does, that is who I would use. I have a scope that he locked and his external mount system, and own a gun that was built on a brackney trued action. All of his work I have seen thus far is top-notch. My gunsmith, who I believe is the best in the world, proclaims that Bob Brackney is the best. Of course you know you cant go wrong with one of the smiths that post here, but I dont think any are in AZ.

I have two of Bobs rifles that were actually built to shoot light varmint class but are my long range hunting/varmint rifles.
His work on them is flawless. Both are Rem 700's with Hart barrels with one in .25-06 AI tight neck and the other in .300 RUM. Both rifles are almost boring in their accuracy. They just plain shoot .25" size groups all day long, or should I say .25" is the best I can shoot all day. They shoot way better than I can shoot.
I have nothing but respect for his work. I bought both rifles (which are twins in weight and looks) from a friend that had them built for him and then needed to sell them shortly after reciving them. I got lucky on that. Both came with the work sheets showing what work had been done. Not cheap.
I also have another 26" S.S Fluted #5 countour Hart barrel in 6MM AI Tight Neck that Bob built another gun around and then my friend decided that chambering wasn't what he wanted and took it off before he even fired it and went to a 6MM 284 barrel and just kept this barrel to someday build another rifle out of. I got luck again and I am getting ready to put it on an doner ction I just picked up and plan on having triplets when its finished.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.